Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Has anyone on this forum been diagnosed with PLMD?
Has anyone on this forum been diagnosed with PLMD?
If you have PLMD are you using a medication to treat it?  Which medicine are you using and was it the first one you tried or did you have to try more than one to find one you could tolerate?  Are you having any side effects with the medicine that you are now using that make it hard to continue taking it?  Have you had another sleep study to see if the medicine you are on has helped improve your PLMD?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Has anyone on this forum been diagnosed with PLMD?
yes
Lyrica, but there are a few that are used. As with all drugs, find one that suits you for side effects
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Has anyone on this forum been diagnosed with PLMD?
Thank you for answering. The Sleep Center gave me Mirapex to try and one of the rare side effects is some people are known to fall asleep while driving. That's me. I fell asleep with out any warning of drowsiness and woke up when my car hit the rumble strips on the side of the highway. Thankfully there was not an accident. I have not tried one of the other medications yet. My AHI is good every night but I am still so unrested when I wake up in the morning and I am afraid it is caused by my PLMD. Do you feel as if your PLMD is being treated successfully? I am meeting with the sleep center nuerologist next week so I will be able to see my last sleep study to see what my movements were. The 2nd sleep study using a mask showed that I had 440 leg movements with 44 arousals. If it not one thing it is something else. Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 20 289 7 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 51 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 381 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 268 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 185 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 676 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.