Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need Assistence setting Pressure on older machine
Need Assistence setting Pressure on older machine
I have had sleep apnea for 26 years.  My current machine stopped working last week.  I had saved one of my previous machines, but the pressure is only 12 and it needs to be around 18.  It is an older machine and I can't find information on how to change the pressure.  Hoping someone can help.  It is a Sullivan III Nasal CPAP System.  Probably about 25 years old.  Any help would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need Assistence setting Pressure on older machine
I don’t know if this will help, but we do have Provider Manuals for the following:

ResMed Sullivan V
ResMed Sullivan V Lightweight, Plus

These are not the machine you list, but sometimes procedures for accessing the Clinicians menu to change pressure are often the same.

You can order the manual here: Scroll down to Section Three.

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Jspeck513. Welcome to Apnea Board.

A Sullivan III is quite literally a museum piece: https://collection.maas.museum/object/142852

If you've had apnea for so long, it might be a good idea to consider a new automatic machine such as the Resmed Airsense 10 AutoSet. This will provide the most up-to-date therapy and also gives the data necessary to adjust your pressure up or down as required. It's like having a mini-sleep test every night. Are you in a position to get something like that?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2019, 07:57 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: G'day Jspeck513. Welcome to Apnea Board.

A Sullivan III is quite literally a museum piece:  https://collection.maas.museum/object/142852

If you've had apnea for so long, it might be a good idea to consider a new automatic machine such as the Resmed Airsense 10 AutoSet. This will provide the most up-to-date therapy and also gives the data necessary to adjust your pressure up or down as required. It's like having a mini-sleep test every night. Are you in a position to get something like that?

Yes, I have one ordered and it will be here in 3-4 days.  Just trying to change the pressure on this one until then.
Post Reply Post Reply
With a pressure of 18 I would consider an Auto BiLevel such as the ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto to allow upward pressure changes if you should need them,
The Auto CPAP, the ResMed AirSense 10 AuroSet is limited to 20 cmw as compared to the VAuto's 25 cmw

TheTitration guide says to consider BiLevel when the pressure gets to or above 15.
Post Reply Post Reply
It takes a manometer to set the pressure on the old Sullivan's if I remember correctly.
It needs to be connected in line with the hose and the end of the mask blocked (but not the vent) then set pressure using the meter.

There are two methods, depending on version of the board.

!:

1:  Power off the unit
Push and hold both buttons on the right and continue to hold as you power on the unit.

Release buttons when you see clinical mode then adjust.

2:

1. Press the STOP button and turn the flow generator off. Power off the unit

2. Connect the mask system to the air tubing.

3. Hold down the START and 20 button while you turn on the main power switch at the rear of the flow generator. Hold the buttons down until the START and 20 buttons illuminate.

4. Block the opening of the mask with the palm of your hand. (Do not block the mask exhalation vent.)

5. Read the pressure on the manometer. Use the 5 button to decrease pressure and the 10 button to increase pressure.

6. Press the Stop button to revert to normal operating mode.

Unassailably copied from a British forum.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Just found this:  http://www.osahelp.com/clinician-manuals...%203.1.pdf

It appears to be much the same!

There may be a manual on this site, but it does need a meter to change the pressures to the correct value.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!  Someone sent me the same manual earlier and i was able to adjust the pressure setting without a meter.  Appreciate the follow up!

Thank you!  I was able to adjust the pressure setting using the manual provided.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 160 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,203 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 859 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Machine Increases Pressure Without Input JeffNC 7 404 01-30-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 426 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 389 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 792 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.