Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need CPT codes for CPAP repair parts & labor
Need CPT codes for CPAP repair parts & labor
The DME vendor wouldn't repair my ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP when it broke, and referred me to an authorized repair service.  They repaired it, but wouldn't deal with insurance.  Doctor's office (including the billing department) has no idea what the correct CPT codes are for parts & labor.  Insurance won't process claim without the CPT codes.  CPT codes needed for:
  • Pneumatic Block Assembly
  • Filter – Hypoallergenic
  • Air10 Chassis Inlet Seal
  • Air10 Air Outlet
  • Labor
If anyone can offer tips on how to chase down the CPT codes, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need CPT codes for CPAP repair parts & labor
I may be wrong, but I don't believe insurance pays for repairs on Cpap machines.

Was the Cpap still under warranty? If it was, then your DME should have taken care of that, not by repairing, but sending it back to ResMed for replacement.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It was out of warranty.  My insurance covers CPAP repairs.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd suggest contacting a customer representative for your insurance company and ask them. They should access to the codes that they pay for.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2021, 03:16 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I'd suggest contacting a customer representative for your insurance company and ask them.  They should access to the codes that they pay for.

Unfortunately, the insurance company is insisting that the codes come from the doctor's office or the repair place, in writing.  They won't tell me what they are.  Neither the doctor nor the repair place have the CPT codes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glad to Have a Back-up, RM 11 Sent Back for Repair somewherein413 4 146 04-04-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Need parts for Resmed Astral 150 PappaJoe 2 147 04-03-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] resmed apap repair sleeper2460 4 538 11-24-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
Money [CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery CJH1968 3 629 08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Internal cpap repair parts mzipp 8 5,649 08-10-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: sms832
  Resmed BiPAP repair company in U.S? 17WRX 3 735 05-13-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResMed P10 parts: What else do I need to make the P10 useable? UncollapseMeThroat 4 588 01-22-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: UncollapseMeThroat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.