Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ketanerp Therapy Thread
ketanerp Therapy Thread
Hello,

I have started CPAP journey from yesterday. I feel 5-10% better then other days. I have couple of questions.

1. I have purchased ResMed AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine With HumidAir (Card-to-Cloud Version) from supplier#1. When I turn off machine (on top switch) I still see it's running. It's blowing less air. Is it common ?

2. Looks like air fill in my stomach. I have little bloating issue and light headache. I am using ResMed AirFi P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear. The Min Pressure is Set to 7, ERP is ON and set to 3. Humidifier is on and set to 3. I am nose breather most of time. But Don't know if In night i use mounth. Around 3 AM when my nose is hurting I have removed the mask and feel mouth is different taste. Don't know the reason for the gas. I never have this problem.

3. I have used almost 7 hours. 11-3 AM and 4AM -7AM. In night 3-4 times I feel I am throwing  air out of my mouth. what will be the problem
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need Guidance after using first night of CPAP.
It is normal for the machine to continue blowing air at a low rate for a while after shutting down. Its to cool down the reservoir and hose and helps remove any condensation in the hose.
Fortunately I have no problem with air in my stomach so I can't advise on that. It's not uncommon and I'm sure someone else will respond.
If you are blowing air out of your mouth while using nasal pillows you will not get full benefit from the therapy. You will need to prevent leaks from your mouth or use a full face mask.
I suggest you update your profile to show your machine, mask, and pressure settings and download free OSCAR software from the link  at the top of the page. You will then be able to post nightly data which will be a big help to those tying to advise you. You will need an DA card (at least 8GB. no larger than 32GB) in your machine to collect data and transfer it to you computer.

See the links below for how to organize and post your data.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Air in your stomach (Aerophagia) can be common for some users and may go away on it's own.
There is a wiki page here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Aerophagia
Some of the tips may help you reduce or eliminate it.

The "cool down" period Melman mentioned lasts about 30 minutes.  You should see a little snowflake on the screen.

To edit your profile and add your machine you can click the UserCP link at the top of this page, or follow this link: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp.php
In the left pane select "Edit Profile" and add your equipment there.  Please be specific with your machine (ie: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset) as there are different models.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ketanerp,,

Congrats for sticking it out.

I do not know about different taste in mouth.

Was your nose sore as uncomfortable or as getting a sore.

No mater what make sure they were well washed, If uncomfortable are they to tight wrong angle, wrong size.

I developed an open sore in one of my nares. The dr said it will go away. I informed him I used a CPAP machine so he cauterized it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Melman , Jeff, KeepSmiling  for your response.
I have edited my profile ,added machine and mask.

I am going to reduce my pressure from 7 to 5 and will check today for the air. Will it be any problem in this ? 

Also, my machine show leak of 8L/min
what is this ? is it High ? how to make less leak ?

my AHI is 0.6 yesterday night. and Central apnea is 0.1
Post Reply Post Reply
Ketanerp,

It would be better if you posted a screenshot before making any changes.  Otherwise everything is just a guess.
I have links in my signature for organizing your charts and how to attach a screenshot in a forum post.  Please use the built in screenshot function of OSCAR .  For Windows F12, for Mac fn+F12, or from OSCARs menubar View > Take Screenshot.

Mask leaks can be frustrating to get under control.  Your machine can tolerate leaks up to 24L/min, after that it can no longer supply you with adequate therapy and may have trouble identifying events.  Your 8L/min is not terrible but it is suggested to get the leaks as low as possible, preferably zero.  Something to work on...
Have a look at the mask primer wiki for help with mask leaks: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Prevention

Your AHI looks good so far.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Jeff.
I will download and learn Oscar over this weekend.

One more question. Today is my right side throat congested. My Humidifier set to 2. Is it something to do with it ?
Should I make it 0 ?

Today I did not get air in my stomach. I keep the min pressure 5. But refreshment is not great. So will change it again to 7 today. Will keep this two days and on Saturday will post the oscar chart.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2022, 12:06 PM)ketanerp Wrote: Today I did not get air in my stomach. I keep the min pressure 5. But refreshment is not great. So will change it again to 7 today. Will keep this two days and on Saturday will post the oscar chart.

No, don't raise it to 7... you had Aerophagia at that pressure. The idea is to lower your pressure (which you did), then if no Aerophagia, go ahead and raise it A LITTLE AT A TIME.

Raise it up to 5.6 tonight, if no Aerophagia... raise it to 6. Keep raising slowly until you find that sweet spot.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks OpalRose for your response and guide.
Post Reply Post Reply
Throat Congestion - New to CPAP
Hi Experty,
what cause the Throat Congestion ? Is it Humidifier ?  I have set it to 2.
My airsense auto set to min 6. 
This is my second night with CPAP.

First day I eat too much Air. to reduce this I have set my min pressure 1 down to 6. I did not used pillow in night to reduce gas problem. and today I have thought Congestion.
ERP is set to 3.  

I will attached Oscar screenshot over the weekend.

Thank you so much for your time.,
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,073 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 169 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,361 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,213 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.