Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ketanerp Therapy Thread
RE: Need Guidance after using first night of CPAP.
Congestion is funny. For some people, the answer is to increase humidity. For others, the answer is to decrease humidity. Go figure! Given that you are on a low level of humidity at 2, I would try 4 and see what happens. OR if you are using the heated tube, you can set the teperature to your preference and then set humidity to auto.
Post Reply Post Reply
First Oscar Data. Can you please help me to analysis ?
Hi Experts,
I have used first time CPAP machine this week. I have attached SD Card today and take screen shots.
Can you please look and suggest any changes ?

Some time I feel my mask is leaking from nose. But Oscar is showing not much leake.

Also, my sleep is improve but I am not seeing magic changes in my day. I am getting less sleepiness in day time and less headache. That is good. but still I am not seeing full energy in a day. 

Let me know if you need more info.

Thank you so much for your time.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First Oscar Data. Can you please help me to analysis ?
below is one day prior data. 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ketanerp Therapy Thread
Hi Experts,
Can you please provide your valuable comment ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Since the heavy hitters have not commented yet, I will venture an opinion.

Leaks and flow limits are not a problem. That is good. EPR-3, that's good too.

Given that you did not get anywhere close to the max of 20, I would decrease max to 15 or so.

AHI is good. If you wanted to try to lower it further, you could increase in SMALL increments so as not to poke the aero monster. Let each change go for a few days before drawing conclusions. One day is not a trend.

I think you are now at the point where comfort is more important than small tweaks. The #1 question is how do you feel. Know that many users take several weeks before they feel significantly better. Patience and perseverance are the keys.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Clownbell,
Thanks for response. I have increased min pressure to 6.4 and decreased max pressure to 15.
Today my night is not good. 
The reason I did sleep study is I am getting too much dream. I feel tired in the morning after wakeup with headache.

Today I feel same. I suspect about the leak. I did wakeup multiple time in night. and if I put my hand near the nose its look air is flowing out. My Mask is new. But sometime I feel the air is leaking from the handle (Don't know exact name but the place where we fit the medium , small nose plug). I have attached my leak rate. Can you please give some guidance. 

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Experts,

How much leak flow is ok. I have also attached today report. 

Post Reply Post Reply
Are you talking about air from the exhale relief?
The CO2 from your exhales has to exit the mask and each mask is engineered a little differently to handle the CO2.
That air isn't considered a leak. It's purposeful and necessary.

I think problematic leak rate might depend on your machine but basically.... if you are seeing Large Leaks flagged in OSCAR you have to address the problem.  The machine cannot provide the right pressures to control your apnea when a portion is leaking out before it gets to your lungs.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 25 990 2 hours ago
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 843 Yesterday, 09:53 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 178 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 260 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,272 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.