Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need Help - AHI's Much Higher With Full Face VS Nasal Cushion
RE: Need Help - AHI's Much Higher With Full Face VS Nasal Cushion
It does appear to me these are positional apnea clusters. This is a likely reason pressure settings that are elevated don't make much/any difference in the apnea. Because when this happens, typically there's an external physical force restricting the airway. That's very different than the throat muscles have relaxed and setting you up for obstructive apnea. This is very likely caused by your head tilting at an angle that bends the airway and causing the restrictions. The results are there in the charts when this happens.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I really appreciate you looking things over.  I cannot think of a better explanation but I don't understanding how it is totally different for the full face mask VS the nasal with everything else being the same.  I literally work up, went to the bathroom, swapped masks, and went back to sleep and that was the difference.  And it is the same thing every time I wear the full face.  Crazy.....
Post Reply Post Reply
You may be using a different sleep position with the FFM -- one that restricts your airway.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2020, 02:07 PM)Dormeo Wrote: You may be using a different sleep position with the FFM -- one that restricts your airway.

I almost always sleep on my back and I sleep the same with both masks.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Due to the increased volume of a full face mask and the less direct pressure often 1-2CM of additional pressure are required to reach the same numbers but there is also a positional element to your graphs
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 103 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,581 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 22 3,428 02-28-2024, 02:39 PM
Last Post: godiego
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 496 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.