Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need Help Analyzing OSCAR Results
Need Help Analyzing OSCAR Results
Sorry I'm pretty new to this as I am trying to get things sorted out with this machine, I still feel very tired and often still feel the same without the machine when I sleep meaning I feel no Improvement and still very tired. Wonder if I am doing something that is wrong that you guys can help me correct.

My story is I've been going back and forth with my doctor and my doctor says that I am fine since the in lab sleep test said I had a AHI of 3.7 

I then went to a ENT since my sleep doctor was no help and he said I may have UARS according to my ENTs findings which were that I had a deviated septum and slightly enlarged turbinate's potentially causing me sleep issues even with a low AHI on a sleep test 

Hopefully one of you can help me with this terrible fatigue..since all my bloodwork is fine and thyroids and such are working perfectly leads me into one route which is this  

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need Help Analyzing OSCAR Results
Based on the UARS from your ENT and your somewhat high flow limits I would increase your EPR so
Set EPR=2 fulltime.
I see no history of higher central apnea In This thread to be cautious about. Assuming the Central Apnea is not a problem I would expect to raise EPR to 3 and likely move to a VAuto with higher PS (4+)
Post Reply Post Reply
I will try that thank you,

The VAuto is the Bipap right? Guess I may have to go back to my doctor then.

How will the Bipap help me more than the current Apap that I have??
Post Reply Post Reply
Technically no, as BiPap is a registered PR name for a BiLevel but for all practical purposes yes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah. Your charts do show a consistent flow limitations and snoring throughout the night. Adjusting the EPR will probably help even out tidal volume and respiration rate, and I would be adding the 2 cm to the starting pressure as well, so the exhale pressure will stay as high as it currently is. The exhale pressure is important to combat the snoring. In the future, you may want to adjust this exhale pressure even slightly more.

QAL

Min pressure 8.0 EPR 2 or maybe 9.0 EPR 2. reason is your exhale pressure EPAP rarely got below 7.0.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have another question and pardon if I sound bad but I heard many people saying an ASV is the gold standard for People with UARS,Is this true? Should I go with an ASV Or with a bilevel? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
You aren't even close to maxing out your current machine. No point thinking about bilevel or ASV yet.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 173 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 180 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 131 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.