Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP and FitBit Conflicting Wireless Usage
RE: CPAP and FitBit Conflicting Wireless Usage
As many have stated (including me), there is no communication between the devices at all. Wearing the fitbit caused the pain, taking it off ended it. It may or may not have been tight, but some folks just can't tolerate "snug" bands on their wrists, especially when they begin to wear them 24/7. I expect our original poster is one of those people, seems to be the type to know not to wear something like that tightened too much, as it would be uncomfortable during the day.

All the evidence that I found in my Googling was for folks talking about the Fitbit by itself causing them discomfort. Found similar for the Apple Watch (which I have one of). I mentioned in my one post that I have a brother who was told not to wear anything on his left wrist since he was experiencing some arm pain/finger tingling (he's right handed, so it is not likely to be carpal tunnel from use).

I appreciate the originator's concern, one sure way to address the mystery of these "over the airwaves" devices and potential harms is to ask the unanswered questions. That usually leads to answers.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP and FitBit Conflicting Wireless Usage
I use the same APAP machine and also have a Fitbit watch that gives me heart rate (& also sleep stage data). 

I both use the machine and wear the watch every night in bed and have never had the problem that you have encountered, which indicates that its not a universal issue.

Early Fitbit users encountered a rash on their arm where the band is located, but I think that was due to not drying their arm when it got wet. But at any rate, it doesn't seem to be the same problem as yours.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 906 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 628 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Extreme Anxiety during day after CPAP usage...something physiological? gohoos1998 9 718 12-29-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Leedsunited92
  [CPAP] Need some help if possible - sudden change in response from 4hrs to 1.5hrs usage OverflowingJoyEntity 6 489 11-28-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: OverflowingJoyEntity
  Conflicting results from PSG and Dreammapper csl1 9 616 09-01-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: csl1
  Oscar wireless to my pc? Or iPhone app? Dolla Bill 3 662 08-26-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Incorrect usage report Resmed Airsense 11 hydra 0 703 07-06-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: hydra

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.