Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need Help...Try to set up SleepyHead
Question 
Need Help...Try to set up SleepyHead
I want to start reviewing my sleep data. I followed a SleepyHead download link and downloaded the program. Now what? When I clicked on it rather than getting a program I got a screen full of files and folders. So...

1. How do I get the program to run?
2. What kind of card reader do I need to buy? (I seem to remember reading that there are a couple different types.)

So much to learn for this new way of sleeping.Thinking-about
RE: Need Help...Try to set up SleepyHead
When you downloaded the software, did you go through an install process? After I installed, Sleepyhead placed a shortcut on my PC's desktop to open the program. Maybe look in your apps directory and see if it is showing as being installed on your computer. You should be able to click on the app icon to open the program or a shortcut on your desktop will open it as well.

Some newer computers have card readers already. If you need to buy a reader you can pick them up most any place that has a department selling camera/computer supplies. Some readers come equipped to take different sized SD cards (full size, mini and micro). I am not sure if there is a specific brand you need but you would have to have one that accommodates the full size SD card which is in the ResMed machine.

You will need to place the SD card into your computer making sure your SD card is in the locked position before putting it in your computer. There should be a little slide on the card to push into locked position. **Remember to unlock it before putting it back in your ResMed machine** When Sleepyhead program is open, there are tools on the right, one of which is an 'import' button. The first time through it will ask you to confirm a destination to store your data on your computer. Once the destination has been established, each time thereafter it will ask you again if you want to store it in the "usual" location. I think it gives you the option of putting it in another location each time but I always choose 'usual'.

Once you import your data, you will want to import data at least every 7 days as some data is overwritten on your card each week to receive data for the following week. Many import their data every night.
Ima, thanks for your answer. I didn't go through a typical install process. I clicked download, clicked save, and it downloaded. I never saw anything saying it was installing and I cannot find an icon for it.
Which version did you download?

If it's one of the test builds you have to extract (unzip) the files to a folder of your choosing.
SleepyHead User's Guide

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...sers_Guide
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

You said you could see folders. If you have a pc, you will want to look for a file that says SleepyHead.exe. That would be the installer. Bama Rambler has a good point. You might have to unzip the downloaded files ... although if you can already see inside folders, I am guessing unzipping isn't necessary. I just did this a few weeks ago but I don't recall that I had to unzip it myself. You might try looking inside your 'downloads' directory on your computer to see if you can find the SleeyHead.exe file there.

The documentation PaulaO2 linked to above is helpful.
Unzip the download. Open the folder. Look for the only .exe file. It is called SleepyHead.exe.

Double click that and it will install.

Be aware though, that you probably have the "test" version and the graphics are still buggy. The information will be accurate but the graphics are...drunk.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Thanks everyone. I'll look for an .exe file when I can get back to it this afternoon. I want to download the information before tonight because tonight starts my second week with my machine and I don't want to lose any of the information on the card.
Good Luck. If you find that .exe file, prompts from the installer should help you work through the installation process.
(05-16-2014, 12:18 PM)SleepyDreamCatcher Wrote: Thanks everyone. I'll look for an .exe file when I can get back to it this afternoon. I want to download the information before tonight because tonight starts my second week with my machine and I don't want to lose any of the information on the card.

Hi SleepyDreamCatcher,
You can easily save the data from your machine's SD card by simply copying the entire contents of the SD card to a directory (aka folder) on your computer's hard drive. SleepyHead is perfectly happy to download data from these copied structures, so you can save the data now, then later after you have SleepyHead installed and operating, download the data you have saved.

I download daily to a series of folders. For example, I have a folder named "201404" for April, and another "201405" for May. Within the May folder, I have "20140501" for May 1st, "20140506" for May 6th, etc. Because of this I was able to switch computers, install SleepyHead on the replacement computer, and reload ALL the data from the beginning by importing from each day's folder in turn.

You have not indicated what type of computer or OS you are using, so I can't offer any detailed procedure, but these basics should work for any computer.

Good Luck,
A.Becker

Quote:
ADMIN NOTE:
This thread is now closed. If you have a question regarding the SleepyHead software package, please go HERE.

To download the SleepyHead software, go here:
http://www.SleepFiles.com/SH/

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.