Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need Help With Recommendation on a 12VDC ? 120VAC Type Cpap Bipap for Camping
RE: Need Help With Recommendation on a 12VDC ? 120VAC Type Cpap Bipap for Camping
I’ve been happy with my HMD Z1 cpap for travel. Can run off of AC or DC with the extra DC cord. It was less than $500 if I recall, I just bought it outright as my insurance coverage on this stuff is a total joke.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need Help With Recommendation on a 12VDC ? 120VAC Type Cpap Bipap for Camping
(08-27-2018, 12:41 AM)Asparky Wrote: Anyone else with a good recommendation for a BiPAP VPAP type Machine that will work directly off of 12VDC and AC? Looking for one for a few hundred $$$

I have an older Philips Respironics System One Model 650P that I use as a back up machine when the grid goes down or if I want to nap in a vehicle. Any other Series 50 BiPAP would be good, especially the 750P. A newer Series 60 machine would also be good. These model lines immediately preceded the current DreamStation model line.

These machines run natively on 12 volts DC so there is no need to waste energy on converters.

I buy my used machines on craigslist, but that works well for me because I live in a region of high population density.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 10 16,985 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 228 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 186 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 376 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 316 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 251 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  CPAP to BiPAP... Korndog 22 1,262 02-19-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Korndog

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.