Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need Help with getting oximetry data to show up on Oscar
Need Help with getting oximetry data to show up on Oscar
Can someone please give me detailed instructions on how to get my oximetry data to show on Oscar along with my daily data.   I have tried numerous times and since I am not a computer person I am having trouble getting this to work.
I have a CMS 50E pulse oximeter.
Thanks so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need Help with getting oximetry data to show up on Oscar
I have the CMS-50F. The part I missed on getting the data to import was that the device had to be on. If it was off the import wizard found it and reported no sessions.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the 50F also. I choose a setting on the Oximeter screen and tell it to "Record" at the same time I start my APAP. Not overly familiar with your particular model but it may say in the instruction pamphlet that came with it.

Typically you would attach the USB cable to your oximeter, then to your computer. Turn the oximeter on. Open OSCAR, import your CPAP data FIRST. Then go back to the "Welcome" tab in OSCAR and click "Oximetry Wizard". The first screen is instructions for the wizard, click "Start" in the lower right corner. This will bring up a second screen, look for the dropdown box where it says "Select Oximeter Type" and select "CMS50D+/E/F" then click on "Import directly from a recording on a device".

You may also need to install special drivers in order for OSCAR to read from it. You can find the recommend ones's here:
https://www.silabs.com/products/developm...cp-drivers
Just select the OS you are using, download and install. Then try to import again.

Note: These units typically have very limited memory capacity and will only store one night of data (up to 12 hours). You would need to import the data every day or risk the data being overwritten on the device.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oximetry data won't show up unless there is already some cpap data for the current day. If you haven't already done so, download your cpap data first, then try the oximetry data.

This is a nuisance which is on the To Do list for the Oscar developers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Jeff8356 will try again tomorrow and let you know if it works.
Post Reply Post Reply
So first I want to thank everyone who answered my question .  I was able to attach my oximetry data with the daily Oscar data with no problem thanks to Jeff8356 excellent instructions.  I have a few  questions if you could please answer. What do the numbers  that are listed as Pulse changes and spo2 drop actually mean? Also what does the number in statistics section listed as pulse change index mean?  Also is there a wiki that goes over oximetry in detail?
Thanks for your help guys, such a great forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2019, 01:53 PM)yankees123 Wrote: So first I want to thank everyone who answered my question .  I was able to attach my oximetry data with the daily Oscar data with no problem thanks to Jeff8356 excellent instructions.  I have a few  questions if you could please answer. What do the numbers  that are listed as Pulse changes and spo2 drop actually mean? Also what does the number in statistics section listed as pulse change index mean?  Also is there a wiki that goes over oximetry in detail?
Thanks for your help guys, such a great forum.

I'm hoping a more knowledgable forum member can answer these in a bit more detail.  There is a forum post about SpO2 Drop Index here
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Drop-Index

I know there are settings in OSCAR preferences where you can change for pulse and spO2 but I am not sure how it all relates to the index numbers, or how changing the settings effects other things in the app.  I'm in the learning stages myself!  I might suggest for you to make a separate post with the title "What is pulse change/spO2 index" or similar.  You may get  a more direct response from one of the guru's.

I searched thru the wiki and only found some general definitions, nothing in detail.  There is a short oximetry training manual available from the WHO (World Health Organization) that you may want to peek at: https://www.who.int/patientsafety/safesu...ual_en.pdf
but other than that, I'm afraid I won't be much help this time.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Jeff8356 for the links, appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 51 Today, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 66 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 145 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 174 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.