Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need Info on How to Get a Good Night's Sleep
Need Info on How to Get a Good Night's Sleep
I know the first thing that comes to mind is "wear your CPAP!"  I do and can get back to sleep when I wake up and can get 7 to 8 hours/night.  My husband, on CPAP for about 3 years, goes to sleep just fine, usually around midnight, but wakes up about 5 and can't get back to sleep.  He does head for the bathroom at this time.  I have seen articles on how to get a good night's sleep but can't seem to find them at the moment--things like not watching TV, limiting alcohol, etc.  He is seeing his VA sleep doctor about the sleep problems later in the week.  His AHI is usually 2 or 3,  I haven't been monitoring him on SH.  He uses a data-capable Resmed S9.  Can someone point me in the right direction?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need Info on How to Get a Good Night's Sleep
Hi. While AHI of 2 or 3 is technically treated, if you were using SH you'd see a lot of events flagged.
And alot depends on the duration of the events.
Those may not be letting him get into deeper sleep stages like delta sleep etc.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 85 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 111 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 114 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 143 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 186 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 773 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 248 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.