Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need Opinons re. numbers
Need Opinons re. numbers
I have used CPAP for 12 years, and it has helped very well.

Just this week I downloaded Sleepyhead and ran my numbers, and was wondering if anyone here can help me understand them. (I have been a member here but not actively participating so my knowledge is poor.)

Here are my numbers; thank you in advance for helping me make sense of this.

My CPAP pressure is 14, with a 20 minute ramp starting at 9.

AHI

0.12 most recent
0.47 last week
0.42 last 30 days
0.41 last 6 months
0.39 last year

Obstructive Index

0.00 most recent
0.09 last week
0.08 last 30 days
0.12 last 6 months
0.12 last year

Hypopnea Index

0.12 most recent
0.14 last week
0.15 last 30 days
0.17 last 6 months
0.16 last year

Clear Airway Index

0.00 most recent
0.25 last week
0.13 last 30 days
0.18 last 6 months
0.11 last year

RERA Index

0.12 most recent
0.40 last week
0.44 last 30 days
0.32 last 6 months
0.35 last year
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need Opinons re. numbers
Numbers like that are going to create a lot of envy around here, they are very good.   like
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to AB your numbers look excellent I would be very happy with those numbers.

Our sleep changes from night to night and any number less than 5 is considered treated, but here a figure less than two is the target for most people your AHI is less than 1 great job.
Post Reply Post Reply
Showoff! Tongue-out-2
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Gray,
Welcome back, don’t be a stranger.

Excellent numbers!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all very much. I had no idea that the numbers would be considered as good as your superlative responses. I do sleep very well as a result of the machine.

I did change into a new style mask about a year or so ago, from an F&P into the ResMed Airfit 20. The Airfit is great!

What is a reasonable time to expect one of these machines to last? Mine (obtained new) is over 5 years old, and is my second one. (I changed out of the first one at the 6 year mark when I started to detect noise that I had not before noticed.)

I do not want the machine to fail unexpectedly. Is there a "yes, time to think about getting new" point for these machines?
Post Reply Post Reply
Gray, I think it's a good idea to start working on a replacement machine now. You can retire your current machine as a backup which is important to have if you are as dependent on the machine as I am. Your PRS1 560 has been replaced with the Dreamstation Auto, but since you are getting great therapy, even fixed CPAP will work. Just make sure the replacement provides data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you sir.

I have been thinking about the DreamStation Auto CPAP with humidifier. I want to keep the auto capability and see if I can work to tolerate the auto function.

I am aware of "not broke, don't fix it" paradigm, but I would like to try to wean down to lower pressures if i could, based upon the feedback that I have obtained here regarding the numbers I posted.

Since the DreamStation is the follow-on product, is it well thought of on this board? Better, the same, worse?
Post Reply Post Reply
Basically the same with some updated auto features for starting pressure and a bit more compact form factor. My preference is the Resmed, but clearly the Respironics is working well for you. The reasons I like Resmed Autoset better is that it is better in auto CPAP mode to increase pressure as needed to prevent apnea, while the Respironics is more reactive and slower. Also, the exhale pressure relief (EPR) feature offers up to a full 3-cm of pressure relief and works like a bilevel rather than the 2-cm Flex offered by Respironics that momentarily reduces pressure on exhale, but returns to full pressure before exhale is complete.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2018, 07:31 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Showoff! Tongue-out-2

I got him beat hehehe (at least in the 7 day stats)

Last 7 days
AHI 0.18
Obstructive index  0.00
Hypopnea  0.13
CA 0.00

lets see what my figures look like in 12 months on this machine. First week was diabolical trying to get it dialed in.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need to tweak my numbers dharris01 6 181 9 hours ago
Last Post: dharris01
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 11 303 04-14-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Jpm6179
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep arturg 2 116 04-14-2024, 03:03 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 185 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 396 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 645 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,072 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.