Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need Oximeter software
RE: Need Oximeter software
Hello again,
Thank you for your quick replies and patience with me.

I received my CMS550EW on October 11, 2014, 1 year 8 months ago. I don't think it qualifies as new. It is the 'EW' version (not a 'F' version as you mentioned). I don't think it can use the updated software you mentioned. It has been demonstrating my low / erratic oxygen saturation ever since the 1st time I used it overnight (2 or 3 days after I received it).

When I showed the 1st graphs to my doctor I was told that they were normal (my average was around 90% with excursions sometimes into the 70% range). I think that, as usual, the medical profession will / would not seriously consider data generated by the patient using instrumentation not purchased by their medical clinic nor recommended by their medical professionals. If they had taken me seriously, my CPAP therapy might have started much sooner.

Thank you again for your suggestions!
Carl
"We run as fast as we can.  To get as far as we can.  So that when we finally get there we have that much further to run to get back to where we should have been."
Post Reply Post Reply
Mr. Nape:
You were right with your last posting. I now have lots of egg on my face because I missed the other oximeter model number that did not list the S50EW but did list the rev. 3.7 that you said was the correct revision for the newer oximeters (which I didn't think my older oximeter qualified). This evening I tried the 3.7 version and it worked (I was able to import [/i]data directly from my oximeter).

The data only showed up in the statistics page, no graphs. I assume that is how the oximetry data is merged into the CPAP using this method (no graphs).

So, once again, I apologize for not observing your recommendation as you were correct!
Carl
"We run as fast as we can.  To get as far as we can.  So that when we finally get there we have that much further to run to get back to where we should have been."
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to hear. By the way, I prefer my eggs scrambled. . . In case you were wondering.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mr. Nape:
I have been able to transfer my oximetry data directly (USB cable) from my CMS50EW into SleepyHead using your suggestions. However, I cannot get the data + graphs to appear with the correct CPAP run. The data always shows up in the previous day's run. The time that I enter is synced, but the complete oximetry data always appears in the wrong date.

Example: I make a CPAP run on June 29. I try (multiple times) to insert the oximetry data using the dates June 30, June 29, June 28, & June 27. When I check my June 29 run there is no oximetry data present. When I check my June 28 run the graphs are there, at the start time I entered, including some statistical oximetry data. Doesn't matter what date I enter, the oximetry data + graphs always are inserted into the previous day's CPAP data.

Since the SleepyHead programmer(s) admits / admit there are problems with merging oximetry data I suspect this may be a programming issue.

Question: Is there any way to "cut and paste" the oximetry graphs & data from the June 28 page into the June 29 page?

FYI: I still cannot import any .sp02 data files into SleepyHead. I just reviewed "awoodby's" problem (~4/26/2016) which seems to be about the same as my problem. Apparently there was no solution at that time.

I finally located the earlier version of SleepyHead that you recommended previously. I have downloaded it and will install and try it after I get some (probably restless) sleep (it's getting late).

Thank you again for all your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Tubaman,
I'm not aware of a cut and paste fix. Regarding you statement about the data being displayed on a prior date; Does the data display exactly at the correct time, just the previous day? Or, is there an hourly time difference?

You have me curious. My initial thoughts are:
  1. Is this problem rooted in the fixing of the graphs being displayed a day prior than selected. (bug in 0.9.8)
  2. Is there a time offset being introduced based on your timezone from GMT.
By the way, everybody here just calls me Red.

-Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Red!

Your question: "Does the data display exactly at the correct time, just the previous day? Or, is there an hourly time difference?"

It displays at exactly the time I enter while in the "Insert Oximeter" dialogue. It displays one day earlier, however, which makes the correlation between the oximeter data and CPAP data not worth much.

I have not tried the earlier version of SleepyHead yet (I have not installed it yet). As soon as I eat breakfast I shall install it and try it.

Thank you for all your help! I would be "stumbling / bumbling" along much slower without your help.

Carl (Please use, I have no nickname, at least nothing I would want made public).
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2016, 11:10 PM)Tubaman Wrote: .............. This evening I tried the 3.7 version and it worked (I was able to import [/i]data directly from my oximeter).

The data only showed up in the statistics page, no graphs. I assume that is how the oximetry data is merged into the CPAP using this method (no graphs).
I'm seeing the graphs. Under the details tab for a given day, at the bottom, the oximeter session(s) should be showing (along with the CPAP session(s).) Each session's graphs can be enabled/disabled using the bicolored toggle switch to the left.

Quote:Example: I make a CPAP run on June 29. I try (multiple times) to insert the oximetry data using the dates June 30, June 29, June 28, & June 27. When I check my June 29 run there is no oximetry data present. When I check my June 28 run the graphs are there, at the start time I entered, including some statistical oximetry data. Doesn't matter what date I enter, the oximetry data + graphs always are inserted into the previous day's CPAP data.

Since the SleepyHead programmer(s) admits / admit there are problems with merging oximetry data I suspect this may be a programming issue.
Agreed. I have a new CMS50I and am having similar problems with alignment. Seems like SH imports a single oximeter session as multiple sessions, usually 2 overlapping. It's possible one of those is from a different day. The issue may also be related to file names. The SpO2 Assistant seems to label its data files based on the date at end of session, so if session begins before midnight and if SH somehow keys on that same naming system, therein may be a problem. (Haven't found yet where SH stores its imported data.) I only have three sessions. Gotta get more. Bottom line: Have not yet found a way to manipulate the starting time to get the proper sync. Note to JediMark: May the source be with you! Smile

Quote:Thank you for your prompt reply! I just tried your suggested method and SleepyHead's import wizard does not recognize either of the .SPO2 files that I generated today. I get a messagebox stating "No oximetery module could parse the given file:" followed by the path to the files.
Same problem here, no matter which import algorithm
I try, I get that same error message.

Quote:I also tried to open them using the SpO2 Review software and that won't even display the file names in the same folder.
Do you mean SPO2 Assistant? That program's file navigator is misleading as to the location of the data files. Mine are in C:\Users\Ron\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SpO2 Assistant V2.9.0 - ie. buried deep in the User directory tree under your name. Make sure Windows is set to display the AppData directory, which I think is hidden by default.

Please post if you solve the syncing problem. I'll do the same.

-Ron
We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Ron!
Thank you for your information which seems to pretty much agree with what I am also experiencing.

Your question:
"Do you mean SPO2 Assistant?..."

No, I found a reference somewhere to some other software programs named "SP02" and "SP02 Review" which I downloaded and installed and tried to use with no luck at all.

I notice your SP02 Assistant software [/quote]seems to be revision 2.9. Mine is 2.4. I don't know what the difference is and if the rev 2.9 would even work on my older CMS50EW oximeter.

I still have not tried the previous version of SleepyHead. Maybe sometime this evening I'll get a chance.

Yes. I will let you know if something is found that works.

Thank you!
Carl
Post Reply Post Reply
So much for installing the earlier version of SleepyHead. I uninstalled the current version (1.0.0-beta 2) and installed the previous version (0.9.8-1-T3). I then tried to launch the older version and it would not run. The 1st error message stated a .dll file was missing from my computer (Win7 - 64) so I located that driver (several locations on my computer) and copied it into the new SleepyHead64 program location. I then tried again to launch the older SleepyHead64 and received an error message saying the program would not run. At that point I gave up -- I think I've spent enough time on this problem. I'll have to continue to review my CPAP & oximeter data separately until (if) a solution is found.

Thank you for your help!
Carl
Post Reply Post Reply
Tubaman,
Here is the link to the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=40784

Sometimes these packages won't register the .dlls and you have to manually do it. You'll probably want to Google the how to's on this. The command that will be required is: regsvr, so google that word.

I hope this helps.
-Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 150 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 194 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,409 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 158 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 613 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 236 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.