Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Headgear replacement ?
Headgear replacement ?
How long should one go before they replace the headgear. I replaced mine back in July 2015 and was wondering how does one know when it should be replaced

Also who has the best deals for these

Looking forward to reading your replies[/b]
Happy sleeping
From Worthog in Brightwater (Mountain Creek)Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Headgear replacement ?
They lose their stretch; and since I buzz my hair, my hair shreds headgear. So, pardon the pun, but a year is really stretching it.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
just ordered headgear and cushion from supplier 10 and the cushion sleeves from supplier 13.

Prices from supplier 10 were far cheaper than others, even after adding on shipping costs
Happy sleeping
From Worthog in Brightwater (Mountain Creek)Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Over a year is rather long. Elastic stretches and weakens with age.

It also deteriorates with hair and scalp oils. Your headgear will last longer if washed weekly or so. I do it in the sink, using warm water, hand soap or shampoo; rinse thoroughly, and hang up on a towel rod to dry. Mine even gets a bit tighter after washing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,058 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,824 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 203 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,124 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,899 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,796 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 264 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.