Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need ResMed Lumis 150 ST or ST-A
Need ResMed Lumis 150 ST or ST-A
My doctor wants to put me on an iVaps machine with a backup rate, NIV, for my hypoventilation syndrome.

ResMed introduced a product called the Resmed Lumis 150 ST, or ResMed Lumis 150 ST-A Model in April 2015.

Can anyone tell me if either of these are available in the United States yet, and if not when it will become available here?

My doctor wants this particular machine because my hypoventilation syndrome seems to respond best to an AutoEpap device, which is a feature the Lumis 150 ST has.

Does anyone know where I can order the ResMed Lumis 150 ST? Or tell me when ResMed plans to roll it out in the US?

ResMed announced the new machine back in April 2015, and I have seen a couple members here mention that they have acquired one.

1018704_lumis-150-st_fact-sheet_uk-eur-2_eng.pdf

If anyone can respond here or PM me with availability, or a source that can ship to California, I can provide a prescription from my doctor...

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need ResMed Lumis 150 ST or ST-A
G'day Fastlane, welcome to Apnea Board.

I would need to check, but I'm pretty sure the Lumis is just another name for the Aircurve series. For some reason Resmed calls the same machine by different names in different countries.

When I get back to my real computer I'll run a comparison between the Lumis 150 and the nearest Aircurve and post it here.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, from what I can see on Resmed's US and Australian sites, the Lumis and Aircurve are the same machine. Unfortunately Resmed put very little useful information on their site(s) any more, so it's a bit of a guess. However, you might like to start here: http://www.resmed.com/us/en/healthcare-p...10-st.html
here: http://www.resmed.com/us/en/healthcare-p...0-sta.html
here: http://www.resmed.com/au/en/hospital/hos...ap-st.html
and here: http://www.resmed.com/au/en/hospital/hos...p-sta.html

I'm surprised your doctor doesn't have access to this information!

Post Reply Post Reply
Doesn't this:
"... iVAPS (intelligent Volume-Assured Pressure Support) – Lumis 150 VPAP ST maintains target alveolar ventilation to suit each patient’s changing needs. And with an intelligent Backup Rate (iBR) and optional AutoEPAP, iVAPS continuously monitors ventilation and the upper airway..."

Describe a difference from the Aircurve machines? I'm thinking it may not be FDA approved in the US to date.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Fastlane,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I hope you are able to find the machine you are looking for.
Good luck to you, hang in there for more responses to your post
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Thank you for all the quick replies!

The ResMed Lumis 150 ST-A is "nearly" identical to the currently available, (in the US), "ResMed Aircurve 10 ST-A with iVaps" E0471 bilevel with a backup rate.

The most important difference, that my doctors feels is important for my unique case, is the addition of the "optional AutoEpap" feature in the Lumis 150 ST and Lumis 150 ST-A devices.

I have confirmed in Rescan that when the Lumis 150 is put into iVaps mode, you are able to activate the AutoEpap feature:

According to ResMed: AutoEPAP: addresses obstructions and maintains upper airway patency. Responding according to the severity of the event, AutoEPAP auto-adjusts the expiratory pressure in response to partial and full obstructions. It also works to prevent events from occurring throughout the night.

The only US model that has both iVaps and AutoEpap technologies, sold in the US today, is the ResMed Stellar 150, which is a NIV and a full ventilator, and is extremely expensive, somewhat archaic, and not compatible with my current S10 oximetry module... So at least I know that the FDA has approved both iVaps and AutoEpap technologies for sale in the US in the Stellar 150 model.

Does anyone know of any Canadian, Indian, or European DME companies that would sell and ship a Lumis 150 to the US if I provide a prescription from my doctor?

My doctor, and my DME's, ResMed reps claim that they have no knowledge of the Lumis 150 products, even though there is lot's of information on their website regarding the Lumis 150 models... And I have obtained a copy of the clinicians manual from this board, and is shows up as a device for programming in Rescan. :-)

Thank you!

(11-26-2016, 07:47 PM)justMongo Wrote: Doesn't this:
"... iVAPS (intelligent Volume-Assured Pressure Support) – Lumis 150 VPAP ST maintains target alveolar ventilation to suit each patient’s changing needs. And with an intelligent Backup Rate (iBR) and optional AutoEPAP, iVAPS continuously monitors ventilation and the upper airway..."

Describe a difference from the Aircurve machines? I'm thinking it may not be FDA approved in the US to date.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2016, 07:47 PM)justMongo Wrote: Doesn't this:

The same set of words is in the description of iVaps on the Resmed US site, though it's unclear on the particular page just what device is being referred to - it seems to be the Aircurve range, certainly not the Lumis. However the video of iVaps on the US site doesn't mention anything about auto EPAP.

I really hate the way Resmed has dumbed down their site and removed all the useful technical information which used to appear there. Now it's just marketing spin and vague assertions of features and benefits
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Does anyone know of any Canadian, Indian, or European DME companies that would sell and ship a Lumis 150 to the US if I provide a prescription from my doctor?

There are a lot of Australian sellers who have the Lumis (just Google). However, most of them do not provide Resmed devices through the mail under Resmed's terms of trade. They may or may not stretch the point when it comes to selling overseas.

CPAP machines are hellishly expensive in Australia compared to the US, though our lower dollar might soften the blow for you. AUD$1.00 = US$0.74
Post Reply Post Reply
When I was Googling the machine, I'm fairly sure I saw a site in India.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Therapy using Lumis 150 ST StuartC 136 7,322 03-19-2024, 03:41 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,233 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Lumis 100 and correct software for reading a sleep data?? doognibor 3 641 08-08-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Dire
  How do i set these values on Resmed Lumis 150 VPAP ST fakeinternetmoney 7 1,229 08-28-2022, 08:53 AM
Last Post: fakeinternetmoney
  [CPAP] Need help getting started with my 3rd machine. (Resmed Lumis 150 VPAP ST) fakeinternetmoney 3 642 08-20-2022, 06:59 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Resmed Lumis 100 VPAP S vs AirCurve 10 Vauto kakadyi 2 1,296 08-10-2022, 07:12 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  [split] Mal777 Lumis 150 ST-A iVAPS Therapy Mal777 83 7,448 08-09-2020, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.