Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need Software For Older Smart Card Machine
Need Software For Older Smart Card Machine
Guys,

I need Software for an older Respironics encore pro smart card system.
Ive already gotten a reader so thats not a problem. Ive seen that encore viewer will do this but I cant find anybody that will share it. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need Software For Older Smart Card Machine
Check here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have that software already and it wont read a smart card only a SD.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have the smartcard reader that connects to your computer by USB?  I used a Mako DT3500 reader back in the day.  It's been a few years since I had to do this, so I can't say if encore lost the ability to read the smartcard, but it used to work.  There is also an EncorePro software on the forum.   Not to flog this but, maybe it's time to update the machine?

I'll check if I still have the old EncoreViewer program I bought in 2008, but wow, I don't know that it will run on a modern computer. You can probably use your EncoreBasic, but just need the driver for the smartcard reader.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you find a multi-card reader and copy the files from the SDHC to the Smart Card

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Both Me and My wife use cpap machines. I gave her my older machine when I got a new one(because she didnt want to spend more money) and not to mention my old machine still works fine. Hers is a Remstar Auto M series which uses a Respironics Encore Pro Smartcard. Mine on the other hand is Phillips Respironics System One which uses Sd Media. The software that I have downloaded and installed is encore Basic which reads info off of my SD. Maybe the smartcard is bad but in my dealings with smartcards that don't happen that often.Her machine was beeping and would'nt work so we bought a new smartcard and now it works. Just because it was beeping might be the capacity of the smartcard had been reached and needs to be cleared. till now i had no way to do that. I have a SCR331 card reader and the drivers are installed correctly so there is no issue there.
Post Reply Post Reply
James,  

It is my understanding that the Encore software will not work with just any card reader it looks for a certain brand and model.  I picked up an Mako Infineer DT3500 smart card reader since it was the suggested one to use with the software and have no problems reading my card.  If you click on the Supplier List, a few of the suppliers carry the reader.   Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
The SCR331 card reader will not work with Encore. You will need the Mako DT3500 and drivers. Better yet, don't you think it's about time to update your wife's auto CPAP? That machine is now 10 years old and at end of life. Keep it as a backup, but find a new or lightly used machine to replace it sooner than later.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Reading James's post carefully, he says that he is using Encore Basic software. I had an M series and Basic worked fine using the Mako card reader. I think Sleeprider is correct in saying that the SCR331 card reader is the problem. By the time you buy a card reader you can get the lady a slightly used System One and save yourself the aggravation of trying to make the card reader work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Guys I appreciate the replies. Yes your right I should update it but my wife does'nt want to spend the money on another one as long as this one has life left in it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 428 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 620 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,007 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,186 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,100 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 684 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.