Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need Software for ResMed Air....I think??
Need Software for ResMed Air....I think??
ResMed sent me the ResMed Air to test for sleep apnea and the current version of the software (5.2) won't allow me to connect to the device.  When I hit download it says "connect air flow generator" or something like that.  Anyway, I think it's supposed to automatically connect when you connect the device to the computer.  Am I doing something wrong or is the software not compatible with the device?  Or something else?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need Software for ResMed Air....I think??
You have an Airsense 10 and they gave you software for it? Probably they gave you a copy of ResScan. The latest version is 5.8 (time of this writing). You can obtain that from this link here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

When you install ResScan and get to this screen:

[Image: bhgv6bk.png]

Don't select any of these unless you actually have one of these devices. Most do not have any of these.
You'll need an SD card for your CPAP if it didn't come with one. It seems they are not including one anymore.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
There is something amiss here. I think part is in the OP. They don't send out ResScan.
I think the OP means ResMed MyAir which is therapy tracking SW that you install on your computer; and it permits you to view a summary of what a ResMed machine sends via cellular to the ResMed cloud.

To help answer the OP question -- exactly what is the name of the software they gave you???
We'll work it from there.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The software does not automatically connect to the Airsense10... the cellular modem contacts your DME/ResMed and uploads, extremely limited data can be viewed in the MyAir web page (or app for iPhone).

"connect air flow generator" is the error that displays when ResScan does not detect an SD card with ResMed data on it in the computer's SD card reader, or if you do not have a card reader.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2017, 09:00 PM)justMongo Wrote: There is something amiss here.  I think part is in the OP.  They don't send out ResScan.
I think the OP means ResMed MyAir which is therapy tracking SW that you install on your computer; and it permits you to view a summary of what a ResMed machine sends via cellular to the ResMed cloud.

To help answer the OP question -- exactly what is the name of the software they gave you???

MyAir is web-based. No install needed.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2017, 02:15 PM)dsthompson Wrote: ResMed sent me the ResMed Air to test for sleep apnea and the current version of the software (5.2) won't allow me to connect to the device.  When I hit download it says "connect air flow generator" or something like that.  Anyway, I think it's supposed to automatically connect when you connect the device to the computer.  Am I doing something wrong or is the software not compatible with the device?  Or something else?

Perhaps he's talking about the ApneaLink software (also called ApneaLink Air software)?  It's ResMed's software for an at-home sleep apnea testing & diagnosis. 

But I'm pretty sure the version spoken about in this post is version 10.2, not 5.2.

Dont-know
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Alan: Thanks for the correction.
SuperduperSleeper -- I think we have a winner.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2017, 10:56 AM)AlanE Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 09:00 PM)justMongo Wrote: There is something amiss here.  I think part is in the OP.  They don't send out ResScan.

MyAir is web-based. No install needed.

Just received a new Air Sense Auto set yesterday. Registered and set up an account for "My Air". Problem is, No signal, modem shows 1 bar and flashing blue asterisk. So my question: When does the modem connect to the cloud to transfer data? Is this a constant connection or does the modem only get a signal when polled by provider? Confused am I.

Bill Londree Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Does the flashing blue symbol resemble a snowflake? It's probably the indicator that your humidifier is cooling and continues for a while after you turn off the machine. (At least that's the case with the S10) It has nothing to do with the modem connection. I usually have 4 bars but I've noticed that right after I turn off the machine I briefly have no connection, then the number of bars gradually increases.

There is a significant time lag between when you turn of the machine and when your data shows up in MyAir. It can be a couple of hours. Check later and it may be there. I assume you know you need to set up an account and log in to the view the data. There should have been an instruction card with your machine.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Gross 
Thanks Melman, Thanks

Yes, Blue asterisk is gone now. But still no bars on my machine. I did try repositioning my unit...duh. But not effective. Raised it up to ceiling level and got two bars. Dielaughing Perhaps I need to put the Airsense up on the roof. I guess this location is no good for that signal though standard cell phone service is great here. Almost full bars for standard Cellular Service!.

Guess I need to get back with Apria to find out why this won't work here. They did not put a normal SD Memory card in this machine but I guess they rely on My Air to do the duty. Wonder if Sleepy Head can somehow interface with this setup?  Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 621 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,009 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,188 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,101 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 686 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.