Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need Used RedMed ASV
Need Used RedMed ASV
Does anyone know where I might find a good, but used  ResMed ASV machine?  I need it for a backup/travel machine.  I am willing to go with either an S9 or S10 model.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need Used RedMed ASV
The fatest and most risk free way of obtaining an used ASV machine is through Supplier #2.

They will require a prescription and they are a reputable dealer.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Jesse

Secondwind, Supplier #2,  was the first placer I looked.  They have no ASV machines for sale.  CPAP liquidators offers one for about $1,700, but I really hate to pay that for a reconditioned machine.  It may be wishful thinking, but I am hopeful that I can buy a used one for not over $1,000.
Post Reply Post Reply
My experience in locating ASV machines has been far and few between to say the least. They are a rare machine on Craigslist and I've never seen one listed on sites like Ebay and Mercari.

It's not unreasonable to find an ASV machine on Craigslist for $1000, or less, but you have to watch the site everyday and wait for one to come up. Looking on Craigslist is a buyer beware market. Whatever route you go in the person to person sale, I recommend you become very familiar with the ASV machine and ask lots of questions. If the seller cannot answer all of your questions about the use and environment the machine has been through, shy away.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
I did a quick search of the Jacksonville area and there are auto CPAP and auto bi-level in various makes and models, but no ASV or advanced bi-level CPAP machines at all.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
There was an ASV on Craigslist in the Minneapolis/St Paul area about 2 months ago. They don't show up often, but if wait and keep looking, you should find one.
Post Reply Post Reply
jerrydaw, you've gotten some great suggestions and it's clear you've already sussed out the best source (and unfortunately came up dry).  Given your criteria of <= $1,000, your best resource will be craigslist.  And as JesseLee indicates, success requires daily activity to find one of those rare puppies and be jonny-on-the-spot to acquire one.

It's a bit of work, and craigslist doesn't make it easy but there are search tools geared to helping you out (do a Giggle search for craigslist search tools).  My favorite is Search Tempest, which is very well organized, ripe with features, and I found it more easy to understand and "program" for repetitive or continuous searches than the others.  (I think you would find it interesting to check some of the other tools, some of which can be pretty primitive and no better than craigslist, just different.)

Wishing you success in your search; hope you will update this thread with your progress and success.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jerrydaw,

I looked on secondwind’s website and they appear to have some in stock now.  I looked in the “Pre-Owned CPAP” section.

I recommend Model 36037 which includes auto-adjusting EPAP.  Older model 36007 has fixed EPAP. Both have auto-adjusting Pressure Support.

The ad on second wind:

Gently Used ResMed ResMed S9 VPAP/BIPAP Adapt SV Auto with Heated Humidifier - REF - 36037   $1,249
(Low Hour VPAP/BIPAP machine. 1 year warranty on machine and humidifier.)

In my view, the full one year warranty is worth a lot. 

Take care,
—Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jerry see my PM DOTMedical have a possible ASV for you without PSU or humidifier but cheap
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #2 have a variety of used ASVs - there is one there for $1249 and they have 15 in stock. As Vsheline noted it is item number 36037. It's a great price for an ASV auto and I don't think you'll find too much better. This is a reputable company with great back up service - so good that I use them from Australia.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RedMed 10 Min/Max setting - recommendations? Kris1 4 561 11-12-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Kris1
  Any Way to Set Redmed to Flat Sub 10 Second Apneas? tiredofbeingtired 2 804 09-16-2020, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  RedMed nasal mask update metropical 6 1,457 09-01-2019, 03:06 AM
Last Post: hearsay73
  Any risk to RedMed machine if I remove filter after a month and reinsert backwards? Shin Ryoku 8 2,243 01-04-2018, 02:08 PM
Last Post: ajack
  [Equipment] How can I adjust time zone on my RedMed S9 AutoSet? sleepbetternow 3 2,985 05-03-2014, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepbetternow
  RedMed S9 - newbie questions Sungyrll 7 4,396 07-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Last Post: zonk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.