Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need a Travel CPAP
Need a Travel CPAP
Hello Friends.  My Philips Dreamstation is impractical for travel.  I would appreciate any advice about (1) a good small travel model (price is not an issue) and (2) a reputable source.  Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need a Travel CPAP
I recently purchased a Dreamstation Go with humidifier for an upcoming trip. I’ve been trying it out at home for the past 2 weeks and like it, even considering it for my full time machine. I am coming from a PR System One machine, and since you have a Dreamstation, I’d think it would be an easy transition. I purchased the bundle on sale from supplier 1 on the supplier list, and there is also currently a $100 rebate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much
Post Reply Post Reply
The Dreamstation Go is quiet with the humidifier, small enough for an overnight bag, and will get the job done if you're already using a Dreamstation.
It's smaller, doesn't need a 'brick' power supply and is fully data capable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve traveled to a number of Asian and European countries first with a System One and with an S9. Always carried them on. Was never a big deal. No real reason to have a special machine.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-27-2020, 07:03 PM)Zorki1c Wrote: I’ve traveled to a number of Asian and European countries first with a System One and with an S9. Always carried them on. Was never a big deal. No real reason to have a special machine.

It’s all in what you want to put up with. I’m actually in the process of packing up for an early flight tomorrow, and the Dreamstation Go is all ready, and I’m looking forward to 1 less bag to mess with.
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife hated me waking up at 4am for flight only to start dismantling and packing my machine. There's no quiet way to do it in the dark!!
I'm with drwoodr, it's nice to have a machine prepacked ready to go if you travel regularly. My Dreamstation Go doesn't work as well and my main Resmed machine, but I'm happy travelling with it for the convenience.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have my spare machine packed and ready to go, its full size so no comfort or noise compromises
Post Reply Post Reply
My home machine is a Resmed Aircurve V10 auto. My travel machine is the S9 version which has a detachable humidifier. If I put the S9 humidifier in my checked luggage and the S9 into my carry on (it will fit easily into my carry on backpack) I have the ideal travel machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought the Resmed AirMini recently and have been very happy with it. I was not expecting to be, given some of the negative feedback and reviews.

It's very small, and I am not too bothered about the exhaust noise, since I sleep with earplugs anyway. I have mainly used it without the optional humidifier part.

Many shops offer a trial period (e.g. 30 days) so there is no risk in trying it.

My home machine is a Resmed Airsense 10 for her, and when I am away, I have had similar experience/AHI with the Resmed Airmini.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Travel ResMed recommendations PinehillJoe 0 25 2 hours ago
Last Post: PinehillJoe
  Is there a quiet travel CPAP? mcman56 1 76 Yesterday, 12:21 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 5 1,890 04-02-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 741 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 6,218 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,599 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 507 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.