Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Airfit F10
Humidifier: have one
CPAP Pressure: 12-15
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
Need a at home overnight oxygen level monitor/recorder
I would like to record my overnight oxygen level at home when I use CPAP machine. It is better the oxygen level data can be imported into computer.

Could you please recommend me a good at home overnight oxygen level monitor/recorder?
01-16-2016 03:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
2SleepBetta Offline

Members

Machine: AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Airfit F10, Amara View
Humidifier: AirSense 10
CPAP Pressure: 8 to 15 cm H20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: 76YO/1st APAP 9/2015 RDI=51, now <1/recording wrist oximeter CMS50I

RE: Need a at home overnight oxygen level monitor/recorder
(01-16-2016 03:36 PM)sleep_apnea Wrote:  I would like to record my overnight oxygen level at home when I use CPAP machine. It is better the oxygen level data can be imported into computer.

Could you please recommend me a good at home overnight oxygen level monitor/recorder?

I bought my oximeter (see my profile) on eBay and have used it and found it most helpful for about 3 weeks. I suggest googling it (note its ID ends with "i' not "1"). Using its data, along with other allowable variables, my cardiologist cut my heart drug 50%.

I like its having the PI, perfusion index. First, low PI's (<1.4), say when exercising and hands are cold, indicate why spO2 and pulse rates are erratic or not changing in real time with exertion. Second, I've wanted a simple inexpensive device to flag my rolling over when asleep. I think I'm seeing sizeable sustained changes in the general level of maximum PI correlating with irregularities in flow rate and leak--giving indications of roll over (for me if not everyone, I try to switch only from side to side while sleeping). Some reported AHI's are incidental to roll overs, but the converse can probably be true.

It is easy to transfer the non-visible recorded data into Sleepy Head (which, IMO, is far more useful than ResScan I started with).

SH integrates the data amazingly well, but I'm still trying to get oximeter and Airsense times synchronized better as I try both methods SH offers.

Possibly my heart rythmn is too irregular to use it for exercise, a bit of a disappointment. For recording while asleep, no problem.
01-16-2016 07:04 PM
pholynyk Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 APAP
Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: included
CPAP Pressure: 11-17
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Aside from oximeters which plug into xPAP machines (which apparently are expensive and/or require prescription) the Contec recording oximeters (CMS50D+, CMS50E, CMS50EW, CMS50F, CMS50FW, CMS50I, and CMS50IW; but not the CMS50K(W) models are the usual choices. The software supplied with the Contec devices only runs on Windows, but SleepyHead uses the drivers downloaded from a chip manufacturers site to read and store the data via USB. I'm not sure if the Bluetooth connection (the W versions) is usable with SleepyHead.
The ChoiceMMed MD300W1 oximeter is also supported, although I have not used it.
There are a couple of smartphone oximeter apps (which require specific attached or BT linked devices) but it is not possible to import their data into SleepyHead.
01-17-2016 07:52 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

Hi sleep_apnea,

Welcome to Apnea Board.

I had a good experience ordering from Supplier #19.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List

The kind which is worn on the wrist like a watch with separate finger sensor is more comfortable to wear all night and is less likely to fall off.

I agree that it is helpful to have the third data channel (Perfusion Index, showing how strongly the blood pulses are being picked up by the pulse-oximeter) as a sanity check that the pulse-ox is positioned well and is probably recording good data.

If our pulse-ox does not have the PI channel, I think we can still tell how reasonable the data is by how smoothly - in contrast to how jerkily or noisy with dropouts (times when the recorded data impossibly drops and later jumps back in discontinuous fashion) - the SpO2 and pulse are changing.

If we zoom in to look closely at a minute or two of the data and the graph is changing smoothly, I think the data is probably valid. The data is not valid at the times when it shows large instantaneous jumps from one second to the next.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2016 10:03 AM by vsheline.)
01-17-2016 09:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  new to cpap and oxygen worried 7 135 Yesterday 11:14 PM
Last Post: Capt.Redbeard
  Can home care provider make our machine unusable? LPN2012 10 299 Yesterday 05:22 AM
Last Post: LPN2012
  Question: sound level on Resmed S9 WITHOUT humidifier, compared to Remstar 560 kowlooner 8 198 11-29-2016 10:51 AM
Last Post: kowlooner
  Pulse Oxygen Sensor muddywaters 6 302 11-27-2016 07:23 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
Question Change Humidity Level Seasonally txpap 9 487 11-21-2016 06:58 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Rainbow [Diagnosis] They want me to use a CPAP with oxygen concentrator Apneaprincess 47 7,581 11-11-2016 05:18 PM
Last Post: David44142
Smile [How to] FIX RESMED S+ SLEEP MONITOR BLUETOOTH ISSUES srlevine1 3 316 10-31-2016 11:55 AM
Last Post: sswenson