Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need a splitter for cpap hose
Need a splitter for cpap hose
okay stay with me here... THIS IS NOT FOR THERAPUDIC USE.

I have a cpap I use every night. This is not for that.  It is also not April.

I still have my old machine, and the battery still works.
I  have 3d printed an immortan Joe mask (Google it) and it has 2 ports.  It sucks to wear because it is hard to breathe in, so I wanted to experiment with running positive air pressure to it, and my old cpap is perfect, but the mask doesn't look right with just one hose, so I want both running.  If I just leave the second hose dangling, the cpap detects too big of a leak and shuts off.  So I want to connect both sides of the one mask to one output.

So before I hack up a couple of old hoses with a picture tee and hose clamps, I figured I'd ask here.  Is there such a thing as a cpap Y splitter?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need a splitter for cpap hose
What about blocking the unused second hose? And I do not know of such a device.
Search google for Adult Parallel Wye connector

Will that work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Blocking the other hose solves it sensing a leak and turning off, but doesn't get me air on both sides.  I would post a pic, but I am a noob...
Post Reply Post Reply
Try the local hardware supply, look in the plumbing section for a plastic Y or T piece of the right diameter to fit the hoses.
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
We often use 22mm Corr A Flex tubing in 6 inch segments to build EERS (see wiki). You can search “ 22mm OD 15mm ID wye connectors” and will find many wye connectors used in respiratory circuits.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just track down a 3D printer. Easy peasy and cheap.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2020, 08:47 PM)Big Timber Wrote: Just track down a 3D printer. Easy peasy and cheap.

Lol, I just 3d printed the mask.  Got an stl file for a wye?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 641 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,559 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.