Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need a very quiet new APAP with control sw
RE: Need a very quiet new APAP with control sw
Morning. I am a brand new CPAP user. I have the Respironics System One Pro C-Flex +. I hear that the 'A-Flex', which is the same machine but in Auto, is just as quiet. I can tell you that this thing is SUPER quiet. I had nightmares (no pun intended), wondering what my CPAP was going to be like. I can't believe how smooth and quiet it is. I've heard about other machines but this is what my DME first gave me, and I'm very happy with it. It has the heated humidifier attached which is adjustable. Again, very quiet. ..Good luck:Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2013, 07:50 AM)cbramsey Wrote: Welcome to the forum!!! We are glad you joined us!!! Welcome

There are two good machines you may be interested in.

There is the Philips Respironics System One machine which is very quiet. The other machine is the ResMed S9 Autoset.

As far as software, you can use the open-source software SleepyHead or ResScan software to review and trend your data. Both pieces of software is available. You may need to download the Series 60 patch for SleepyHead for the PR machine.

Sleep-well

Hi...

I've just trialled both the PR and the ResMed Autoset and found the ResMed the quieter one, so quiet in fact that I hear nothing b ut my own breathing, the thing is amazing :-) And to change the settings, you just press the round dial button and the one with the two little arrows together for 3 seconds and voila', you are in the clinician's menu...
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

Yes indeed. The S9 Autoset breathes so well I just use it straight up without any low-exhale pressure setting.

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2013, 11:01 AM)jgjones1972 Wrote: Auto Bi-PAPs are available, but are A LOT more expensive than regular APAPs so it would be a waste of money if bi-level was of no help.

Hi stanlori,

I think Supplier #2 often has brand new Open Box Specials of the S9 VPAP Auto (an auto bi-level model) for $975, and used models for less than that. So the difference in cost is not neccessarily huge relative to a new S9 AutoSet.

Quite a few ResMed S9 users report a slight whistle or sound which is quiet but comes and goes and can be bothersome for some. Not all S9 units exhibit the issue, and those that do tend to have it at some pressures and not other pressures.

I mention it because I think the S9 VPAP (bi-level) series machines have an enhanced motor which might be quieter.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Thank you all. I just received an S9 VPAP auto with humidifier. Even though they sent the wrong mask my old one worked and should receive the new one soon. Medicare covered it all.Thank you all again!! ThanksSleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a quiet travel CPAP? mcman56 1 89 04-15-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,226 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 153 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 124 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 226 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 231 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 17 926 04-02-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.