Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need guidance for complex sleep apnea and leaks follow-up
RE: Need adult guidance for complex sleep apnea follow-up
A quick look tells me the charts are showing similar info. OSCAR is the easier to the eye to view needed data in my opinion. You can see more of what's needed at one glance, both detail chart trace and left panel info.

Another my opinion, it'll probably be time to self titrate settings to increase comfort (as needed) and to try to reduce events. ResMed's Titration protocol is what I'd stick with. I think first up is small increases to EPAP Min.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resscan looks similar but at least in those images doesn't appear to have the graph that is most useful in OSCAR, that being flow rate. It makes sense they look the same as it is the same data and just a different program to view the equipment recorded data.

We are far more familiar with OSCAR, I don't see any reason to use Resscan. The only time I could see using Resscan as being advantageous is if you find an issue that need to approach doctor on, they usually balk at OSCAR data but being able to show them on Resmeds own software would have a bit more credence.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is an off-topic question but I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the effort to learn ResScan, and you actually know how to use it! Does ResScan let you zoom in and out in the time direction, and/or change the height & spacing of the y-axis of graphs?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sent a PM.
Post Reply Post Reply
My eyes are becoming glazed.  Here is 25 Nov sample.  I cannot see correlation of leaks and any other darn thing-all looks alike to my untrained eye.  I will right away post 26 Nov sample with two chart groups, with narrower time zoom. 

Post Reply Post Reply
Don't rejoice yet about that wonderful AHI total today.  Tomorrow it will likely be in the teens or twenties regardless of Min EPAP or leak rate.  Anyway, I THINK I have zoomed on a time of LL but with only few events.  Still all looks alike to me.  I am trying to learn User's Guide which so far is defeating me.  

Post Reply Post Reply
You should minimize the calendar on OSCAR by clicking on the triangle next to it. This is blocking the ability to see other necessary data.

I still can't be at all confident your therapy is going well with these leaks.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the first chart hypopnea definitely corresponds to periods of high leak. Less definite on the second chart. Minimize the monthly calendar by clicking that triangle in the date line. I can't imagine why you have such persistent leaks. It is by far your biggest problem to solve.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry 'bout the calendar. I knew to do that, just forgot. As to leak - it's been a problem from day one. I'd largely blamed it on high pressures back in BiPAP days. I've tried literally dozens of masks over the years. Found in general, I do better with nasals, I assume due to smaller surface area. I find I generally have to keep adjusting straps as they stretch out. I do try to rotate mask design from time to time to prevent pressure problems with my forehead skin. I mentioned the neck collar and sleep position. I've tried fabric liners but they never stay in position. I do flop around a lot during sleep and have restless legs. The only other factor I can postulate but not seem to fix is my chubby (read: FAT) face. The Jaba icon is distressingly accurate.

At least with my min EPAP back up I have felt more comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you post overview/full night data make sure to zoom out view port so seeing the full night.

You still haven't posted any 2-3 minute examples of apnea, hypopnea or what you would consider regular breathing. Don't worry about trying to interpret Oscar on your own, post examples and let us help you interpret them.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 18 846 04-16-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 0 74 04-13-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 228 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 444 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 120 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Need help with RERAs in sleep apnea shedu1337 8 291 04-03-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
  Heart Failure with Sleep Apnea kwhenrykerr 2 199 04-02-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.