Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need advice from the more experienced
Need advice from the more experienced
Hello!

I've been using CPAP therapy for a bit over 2 years and up until recently it's been extremely effective.
Recently though I've found myself exhausted at the end of the day and need to take a nap every evening.  

I've attached my statistics from SleepyHead and as you can see there's definitely been a change.

In a nutshell here are the changes that have taken place between now and 3 months ago:

3 months ago                Now
AHI                                     0.8-1.5                    2.5-3.5
Obstructive Index                 0.5-0.7                     0.2-0.3
Hypopnea Index                   0.01-0.03                0.07-0.25
Clear Airway Index              0.35-0.72                 2.24-3.09

There are also huge changes in the pressure statistics section.  Before, Average P, Minimum P Maximum P and 90% P were all at 0.00.  Now the numbers are higher. 

Something has definitely changed but I don't have the knowledge or experience to make sense of these numbers and what to do.

The only other thing I might add is that my strap is a tad looser than it should be and is past due for replacement.  Could this be related to the issues?  Should I change any settings on my CPAP (Resmed Airsense 10)?  Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

I have attached my complete SleepyHead Statistics if anyone cares to take a look.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need advice from the more experienced
Please read the first two links in my signature line regarding how to organize Sleepyhead charts, and how to post them using Imgur. Attachment space is very limited, and you will end up deleting older images to post new ones.

Your post offers no real clue regarding your settings including EPR. My guess is 4-12 with EPR at 3.0. I think the increase in your centrals is related to a wide range of pressure and use of high EPR. I can't say why i has changed, but pretty sure increasing minimum pressure to 8 and reducing EPR to 2 will give you the results you seek.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Before, Average P, Minimum P Maximum P and 90% P were all at 0.00.
Cannot be true. Bad data or Sleepyhead bug.

You didn't switch mode from CPAP to Auto back around November/December?

Not enough data to recommend any changes. You're still in the therapeutic window.

Please post detailed data -- and please post it to imgur of photobucket than link to it.
It's nearly impossible to read that as an attachment.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much for taking the time to reply.

My apologies for not including the necessary data or information in the correct format.  Although I've been using the CPAP for 2 years it's only recently that I've joined the board.  Today was the 1st time that I used SleepyHead.  I'm learning as I'm going.

Here's a couple of answers to your questions:  The EPR level is 3.  The mode is still CPAP (was not changed).  

I'll now see to uploading the data in the proper format.

Thanks again for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a newbie, so take what I'm going to say with a grain of salt.

The Avg, Min, Max, & 90% P all refer to Pressure. A CPAP administers pressure; that's what it does. So for your data to show it as zero, that's an impossibility... unless you were not using it; but you were using it, since it shows AHI for that timeframe.

So I'm wondering what happened in December. Did you get a new machine? Did you finally plug in an SD card? Does your SD card only record enough info to go back a couple months?

If your machine was recording AHI for you, it was administering pressure. So those zeros are not correct.
Post Reply Post Reply
You got 16 hours of sleep last night?

And you've been averaging 10 hours of sleep each night this month?
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a link to my screen capture.

http://imgur.com/w7n9BAK
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for pointing that out.  It seems that some of the data recorded is not and can not be correct.  According to the display screen on my CPAP it was used for 7 hours, 44 minutes last night (not 16 hours)
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2017, 01:30 PM)tzk321 Wrote: Here is a link to my screen capture.

http://imgur.com/w7n9BAK

Well done getting the screenshot posted and arranged !
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!  It took me an hour to figure out how to do it.

Everything is difficult before it is easy.  (I read that once is a fortune cookie.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 295 4 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 172 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 863 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,799 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 800 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.