Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need advice/help [drooling into FFM]
RE: Need advice/help
(02-22-2018, 10:11 PM)Gary1of2 Wrote: Sounds funny but a poise microlinners under the lowe4 edge of your mask it wotks.

This seems to have helped alot, I still am adjusting the process but it is better. My AHI is sitting around 6.8-7 so I am going to run therapy mode for a week and see if I can get it back down to the 0-2 range.

Thanks you all.

Brad
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need advice/help [drooling into FFM]
Have you considered using a nasal mask or pillows?

I primarily use nasal pillows, and am able to sleep with my mouth closed. This shocked me at the beginning of my CPAP therapy, since pre-CPAP I was always a mouth breather. So I'd encourage you to try it, if you haven't.

When I have used a FFM (Amara View), it has been on nights when I'm just unable to keep my mouth closed. (TMI - nights when I've had too much to drink) I find that since I'm SO relaxed, AND I'm allowing myself to breathe through my mouth, I drool a bit. It does wake me up throughout the night. The only solution I've come up with has been to just tip the mask off my face a bit to drain out the drool, and go back to sleep until it happens again. (Sorry, that's not much help. My main point of responding to your post is to suggest trying a nasal mask or pillow.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 173 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,536 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 328 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 464 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 288 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 1,027 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 187 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.