Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need advice on choosing a new machine
Need advice on choosing a new machine
My Doctor is trying to get me into a new machine. I can't find the ResMed machine I need locally. A local DME is offering a Luna G3 BPAP machine that is made by "React Medical" who took over 3B Luna. This is a new design produced to compete with ResMed. 
My question, does anyone know anything about this company or this machine?  Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need advice on choosing a new machine
IMHO
Since this machine is not supported by OSCAR insist on a ResMed which is supported. This does not mean it is a bad machine, I don't know, it's just that without detailed data on which to base treatment decisions I don't want it. Ask your doctor if he has access to the detailed data for this machine and if he does is he willing to provide you with that detailed data on a daily basis.
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't need a local DME. Consider making a call to one of the nationals like Rotech, Lincare, Apria. Any of them can and will provide a machine and supplies without the need for a local office. Resmed machines are in somewhat short supply but are obviously available because you can buy them online. They make the DME supplier less money, so the supplier is motivated to talk you into a Chinese machine, or tell you they can get the Resmed. Don't accept that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I'm happy to say that I have an ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV machine on the way. It should arrive this week.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great news QD! What did you do?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I followed your advice and contacted my online sleep supply provider and they had the machine in stock.
Great news, the machine arrived, got it setup and the first night of use results is an AHI of 3.
I'll post some Oscar readings after a weeks use.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sure you will find the Resmed ASV much more comfortable and effective than the Respironics BiPAP AutoSV. Keep us posted in your therapy thread as well for comparison to the old results. I suspect we will mange to get your AHI even lower.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 161 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 248 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 848 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,775 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 142 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 76 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 782 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.