Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bipap Pressure Suggestions
RE: Bipap Pressure Suggestions
Respiration is a fickle creature. We push on one aspect like tidal volume, then don't see a rise in minute vent because respiration rate drops. If you want to try higher PS to increase Vt then, I would suggest smaller increments than 1-cm and observing results to see what is accomplished. I would suggest a 0.4 cm increase to start. It sometimes helps to increase trigger sensitivity to give PS a head-start on inspiration. This also seems to reduce CA events. We really want to stay away from your aerophagia threshold as it can really spoil an otherwise good night.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SL.

What is a good respiratory rate/tidal to have?

At what level should you worry and is it something you should actively work to improve?

I wonder if the reason i wake up with headaches is because of that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Normal tidal volume is a range and is dependent on your height, ideal weight, age and fitness levels. It's almost impossible to make a judgement based on the Oscar stats unless it is exceptionally low or high (200s or over 800s), or without really good knowledge of the individual and their health. I don't try, but your Vt is right down the middle for someone under 6-feet tall. Similarly, respiration rates vary a lot, but I like to see over 11 and under 20 as a general rule with minute vent falling in an appropriate range. All of that probably meant nothing, other than you probably fall into a normal range. You can't even rely on the respiration rate to be accurate because flow anomalies will cause these CPAP machines to improperly count respiration rate, and we have to manually count the breaths per minute the machine count.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giving up Evora, need suggestions PaulaO2 0 33 4 hours ago
Last Post: PaulaO2
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 50 2,146 04-16-2024, 02:57 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Looking for suggestions chzuck 31 540 04-13-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: chzuck
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 172 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 368 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 3,096 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 315 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.