Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need advice on how to improve results
RE: Need advice on how to improve results
I think this is a new version of the old problem of positional apnea. My advice is going to be to try a different collar as the one you got is an improvement, but is allowing flow limitations and not maintaining your airway. To really evaluate this, try zooming in on the flow rate, and compare to the images in the flow limitation from positional apnea wiki. I would expect to see the inspiratory flow is very flattened during the RERA clusters. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Limitation
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried several collars and this is the one that seems to work best.  I have been studying flow rate as you suggested and I have included a pic showing flow rate.  I did raise the pressure to 13 as was also suggested. I can not figure out if there is a problem with air out or air in or both.
Any ideas on what I should try next?   Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
making progress I think.  I have figured out how to lower ahi but now I have the rera problem.  I am using a f 10 full face mask, collar, and tape on mouth.  Pressure is set at 13 aflex 1.  I am also going to try a wisp nose piece tomorrow when I get the tube.  Will add two pics. to show what is going on.  Not sure if I should increase air in time delay or out delay or increase or decrease pressure.  Appreciate any help.
Post Reply Post Reply
With pressure from 13-19, you are near the minimum pressure all night and based on this result could set the maximum at 14.0. You are basically on fixed pressure which is exactly how the Philips Dreamstation Auto works best. I think your results are well optimized and I would not change anything based on this. There is a little bit of RERA which is probably related to flow limitation. I don't think that you can do much with that on CPAP, nor would it be productive to chase better numbers. This is very good progress from where you started, and I think you have adapted well to the therapy.

Nasal therapy can often result in a 1 cm drop in required pressure, but I'm sure you can judge whether that is better for you once you try it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 37 1,523 03-17-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 97 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 54 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 155 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 13 514 03-12-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 723 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 182 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.