Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need advice on portable power supply. (Transcend w/ Z1?)
Need advice on portable power supply. (Transcend w/ Z1?)
Hi all,

I have a new HDM Z1 Auto with battery pack, and also a long life Transcend battery and I was wondering if I can use the Transcend battery with the HDM machine?
The manufacturer says only to use their batteries, but as I already have the Transcend it would save a lot of money if I can use it. Ideally I need to have 3 days of battery use as I will be away from any charging source.

Thanks in advance for your help.

D
Failure is NOT an option.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need advice on portable power supply. (Transcend w/ Z1?)
I updated your subject line so it attracts the attention of people who would know.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The Z1 should run directly off of pretty much any 12V DC battery. I ran mine off of a 10 AH SLA one night. Don't recall off the top of my head what size connector I used, 21 mm or a 25 mm, Center positive, IIRC.

Now, if you are talking using it with one of their fancy integrated poser packs, I have no idea. They didn't seem to get very good reviews from users (as opposed to optimistic claims by the manufacturer (hey, they say the units are QUIET, too)) as to the ability to get through a night so I didn't give them a thought. I also have workable battery solutions alrady so, no need anyway.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2015, 04:56 AM)Eurika Wrote: Hi all,

I have a new HDM Z1 Auto with battery pack, and also a long life Transcend battery and I was wondering if I can use the Transcend battery with the HDM machine?
The manufacturer says only to use their batteries, but as I already have the Transcend it would save a lot of money if I can use it. Ideally I need to have 3 days of battery use as I will be away from any charging source.

D

The Transcend battery pack is a Li-ion 14.4 volt battery pack, fully charged it is around 16.8 volts. I am not familiar with the Z1's battery but if it is 12 volts you might not want to use the Transcend battery.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2015, 11:48 AM)Eleong2 Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 04:56 AM)Eurika Wrote: Hi all,

D

The Transcend battery pack is a Li-ion 14.4 volt battery pack, fully charged it is around 16.8 volts. I am not familiar with the Z1's battery but if it is 12 volts you might not want to use the Transcend battery.

Just did a little research on the Z1 battery pack (Z1 user manual), it is a Li-ion 4SP1 battery pack. Which is the same as the Trancend P4 battery, should work with your Z1. Question is the connector and the polarity is same.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much Paula I'm now getting replies thanks to you.
Also thanks to all who have come back with info.
D
Failure is NOT an option.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remote power button? JohnKoz 8 114 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 174 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 175 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,542 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 5 1,913 04-02-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 303 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 328 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.