Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need advice on setting BMC LunaG11
RE: Need advice on setting BMC LunaG11
Jack 
Had pretty good run last night with one hypopnea with a 28L leak that woke my wife (not me) from the gurgling so presume my mouth was open as well, the only other event was a clear airway apnea, I presume this is a central apnea as there was no corresponding pressure rise just a 13sec yellow line.

Must be getting it pretty right now and the nasal mask feels good but still have a nose sore, will see if I can get the pillow mask working this week to give it a rest and will use the same pressures but on the pillow mask setting which I presume alters the pressure?

Thanks for your help feeling much better now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not the Luna but my experience with the BMC Resmart.

I have to have a review every year with my sleep medicine physician to maintain my buss driver authority. He was bothered by the fact that my machine was only applying 7 - 8 cm of water. He expects some one my size to be 10 - 15 cm of water. So off to the sleep lab for an over night study.

I had my study with the outcome being my pressure should be 14cm of water. The Dr suspects that the low pressure provided by my acap could be due to the algorithm or my relatively narrow nasal airways.

I made some changes to my acap and got it providing 14cm of water and more at times during the night . Then 3 days ago I changed the machine to be a cpap at 14cm H2o and I feel better, not that I was bad before.

I have been on a Resmed A10 (purchased from USA) for 3 years now. After the Resmart fried it's motherboard for the second time. A better machine for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that DW1249

Used the pillow mask last night and had a mouth leak problem causing 8 apneas for the first part of the night then put the chinstrap on and had a few more minor leaks but no apneas for the last two hours had trouble getting to sleep so make note I shouldn't drink bundies before bed, with this mask the pressure was up so will drop it back to 6.5cm.

Supplier thinks it all great that haven't been having apneas but if still not getting sleep due to machine waking me it's about the same, think it would have been better to get the resmed machine but things are tight right now and after the trial feeling so good I wanted to get going asap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well looks like I am getting on top of it a bit now had three nights with minor problems using the pillows mask but with the settings down to 6.5 min on pressure which resulted in 6.5 mean and P95 8 had some leaks I guess from mouth of up to 25L which woke me but no apneas at all, other than SNI which is a mystery as it is 6 but tomorrow it will change on that day to I suspect .3 like other day everything else was zero.

Leaks average were 14.5 which is higher than the nasal mask, the difference between the nasal mask and pillows leaking through the mouth is a bit of a mystery as even with higher pressures, mouth leak with the nasal mask doesn't seem to be a problem but with the pillows it looks like I need a chin strap.

Can anyone tell me, if with continued use with nasal type masks do you eventually train yourself not to need a chinstrap? I naturally try to breathe through my nose even though it is restricted when breathing normally but doesn't seem to be a problem with cpap except maybe pressure blows the mouth open?
Post Reply Post Reply
My  E-20A-H-O (BMC LunaG11), received 3Mar2018 is noisy also. It seems to be motor vibration.  Very noticeable when the pressure is 10 or more. Supplier sent me a service manual, but there are no instructions in how to get to the clinician's menu. And as it's auto pressure I have to trick it into thinking I have an apnea event before it raises the pressure to where the noise is loud. Anyone out there know how to set a fixed pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2018, 01:25 AM)Chast4 Wrote: My  E-20A-H-O (BMC LunaG11), received 3Mar2018 is noisy also. It seems to be motor vibration.  Very noticeable  when the pressure is 10 or more. Supplier sent me a service manual, but there are no instructions in how to get to the clinician's menu. And as it's auto pressure I have to trick it into thinking I have an apnea event before it raises the pressure to where the noise is loud. Anyone out there know how to set a fixed pressure?

We have Clinicians Manuals here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Go to Section Three, Other Manuals. One of the BMC manuals may work for your machine.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Chast4

I think they fib about the noise in these machines as they are in no way as quite let alone quiter than the Resmed air sense 10.

Re getting into the settings press the knob and the right hand button beside it at the same time for a few seconds and it will bring up an extra box on the screen with a picture of a spanner on it, click the knob on that

The top setting will be mode, click the knob on that and you can select auto, fixed or titration but you can also set a min app pressure below that which is probably better, if yours came as mine did the reslex was off too which I set for 1 with the full face mask but 3 for the pillows.

Be interesting to see what pressures yours puts out as mine has only once goner above 9 and then it went to 11.5 when I had a cluster of events all at once, I believe the readings are about 4 points lower than the Resmed machine because it used to be between 9 and 14.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tip re accessing clinician settings.  Mine is still noisy and I am sorting this out with the mfr. I think it's partly because the pump motor changes speed as I breathe in and out, which my previous pump did not.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck with the supplier, they gave me a comparison chart with Resmed which showed it (BMC) was 3db lower this is just not the case it is much noisier and it is not just when breathing but it is noisier as pressure rises, the resmed trial machine was at times up to a P95 of 14 and the sound was hardly noticeable.

I have this machine at 8.5 min pressure now (pillows) and for the last two nights have had nil events and the P95 pressure has not moved above 8.5, the max setting is 15.

When everything is quite my machine sounds like a truck on the road outside.
Post Reply Post Reply
My BMC LunaG11 is now very quiet..
There were lots of emails between me and the BMC people to identify the cause.
I sent a video with sound, also the data on the SD card. They sent a service manual after I said I had experience servicing electronics.
The manual clearly shows a grey foam mat thingy which was missing from my machine, under the pump housing. 
This allowed the housing to touch the outer case and cause the ruckus. I used soft foam plastic to make a suitable spacer.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 143 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 178 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 284 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 157 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,553 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  CPAP to ASV setting translation? Moemah123 2 524 04-03-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Yujiyun
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 332 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.