Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need advice, please!
RE: Need advice, please!
(05-14-2014, 03:43 PM)WakeUpTime Wrote: Failing that, I don't think persistence is going to make a difference for me. This may just be the way it's going to be.

I've noticed that improvement is gradual. Just when I think things won't change, I notice something else changing.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just read a note you made awhile back on the fellow who was upset at his lingering 7.6 AHI. You gave a great piece of advice there too.

Before, I couldn't break an AHI of 10. Now, I'm down to about 7.6 too. Maybe it can still get better but improvement is painfully slow and lowering AHI by 25% doesn't always feel like a 25% improvement in sleep. For me, that 25% improvement was a result of a smaller mask and getting out of Auto mode and back into constant settings.

If anybody would know what's possible, it would be you that's for sure. Thanks for your ongoing advice.

(05-14-2014, 05:48 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(05-14-2014, 03:43 PM)WakeUpTime Wrote: Failing that, I don't think persistence is going to make a difference for me. This may just be the way it's going to be.

I've noticed that improvement is gradual. Just when I think things won't change, I notice something else changing.

Post Reply Post Reply
It took me a little over three weeks to get used to the mask, six weeks sleeping 4-5 hours and then around week 7 I started sleeping 6+ hours a night. Hang in there it gets better with time.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2014, 09:50 AM)handyman2 Wrote: I too was uncomfortable with the mask on at first. I got a FX mirage mask that was much more comfortable and never had a problem keeping the mask on all night. I got it from someone in in Florida that advertised on Craigslist.
Hi handyman2,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear that you found a mask that works for you.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 250 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,778 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 786 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.