Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need advice re: optimising settings
Need advice re: optimising settings
I have done my latest download and the AHI for the past few days is very consistent, between 8.4 and 11.1. Leak rate varies but average around 70 L/min.

Not bad AHI but sub-optimal. 

I now want to experiment to find the best settings. 

I have changed the pressure to 18-10. Does this sound like a good starting point? 

How should I go about experimenting? Any tips?
Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP ay 8 cm. fixed pressure.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need advice re: optimising settings
G'day Chalkie. Without detailed data, all is guesswork. So download OSCAR and show us some daily screenshots.

Note that Oscar does have some issues with the higher-line Philips machines - this will be rectified in the next release, due in a few weeks. But please don't wait, and let's see some data ASAP.

Download Oscar here  -> OSCAR

Instructions -> Oscar help

Installation -> How to install Oscar

Organise -> How to organise your Oscar charts
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks DB.

I am on a learning curve here. Slepheaed id only partly compatible with my Respironics machine (it displays only data up to midnght, in the overview section at least, so I use Encore Basic.

I could post charts form Emcore Basic if anyone is able and willing to interpret them?

Otherwise, I have had another go at installing Sleepheead and am wondering if the Daily Charts may be of some use?

It's probably wishful thinking to hope that these might show the data for a whole night (though it seems to start from 3 am?) rather than just up to midnight, but I am posting them here in the hope that someone will take a look at them and see f there is any point in my persisting with SleepyHead/Oscar.

Here is a link to the screengrab for one might's Sleepyhead data (for some reason 22 March is the most recent available).

https://imgur.com/a/7T3RWUx

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Chalkie. It would help to see the full page including all the statistics down the left hand side. Turn off the calendar, pie chart and right sidebar. Use the "Organise" link in my signature for instructions. I suggest you use Oscar, specifically version 1.1.0 which will be released shortly - that will handle the Philips Respironics machines much better than SleepyHead. If you already have Encore installed and working, we could also look at those charts.

The key thing I see in the chart you provided is that something like 75% of the time is spent in large leak. In this condition the machine can't properly diagnose or treat apneas and hypopneas. So getting the leaks under control is the first priority - once that happens then we can start thinking about optimising the therapy. So we need to analyse the leaks and see where they are coming from. The two likely cases are that the mask itself is leaking (not making contact with your skin) and/or the air is escaping through your mouth. I think you should read the Apnea Board mask primer, which will give you some good advice on controlling leaks. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Mask_Primer
Post Reply Post Reply
Great news - I downloaded the new version of OSCARand it seems to work fine!

I am on a learning curve here and when I dragged and dropped the image into my post it took up the whole screen and I could see no way to hit the send button or add any text with the image.

I will invest some time in studying the links given above and try to get my head around the software and displaying charts online.

In the meantime as I am keen for some feedback I am posting a link I put on Imgur, which I hope will give something to work on. I note the comments on leaks and think it may be related to my chin strap not being usable any more. I will be asking for a new one tomorrow.

https://imgur.com/a/uCjcsGp

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
And how did you get the download link? You are not on my list.
Post Reply Post Reply
Because someone kindly sent me the download link in a PM, is the answer to your enquiry.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Chalkie, Not sure the graphs are 100 % the flow graph has very little movement/information so I guess more work needed, if you could download the RC linked by Bonjour's PM then upload a copy of the SD card so the engineers can fix any issues.. as far as your events the leaking is excessive and more work needed there, the BIPAP is trying to support your breathing but still not doing it successfully does the AHI shown on the screen (If its enabled) match this stats shown in OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
My question is what are you being treated for? What do you have other than Apnea.
Do you have any respiratory issues other than Apnea, COPD? Why do you have this model of BiLevel?
It is setup to treat mild to moderate COPD or respiratory insufficiency
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 161 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 248 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 848 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,775 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 142 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 76 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 782 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.