Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need advice...what's wrong with my CPAP?
Need advice...what's wrong with my CPAP?
My Bi pap has worked flawlessly for 6 months. I would go to bed and it is programmed to start at 8 and ramp up as needed. Every AM for those months, I would wake up with the pressure at 13 to 15. About two months ago I noticed waking up that it would only be around 8 and that I was not feeling as well. I got the machine replaced under warranty but the new one has the same behavior. I assume something is up with the mask, hoses, etc. 
My question is should I just replace everything or is it more likely I start with one component and go from there? I  really feel much better when it works properly so I would like to get it done fast, which means I will probably just get everything and go from there but I'd like opinions on where to start first.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need advice...what's wrong with my CPAP?
I'd dump it and buy an AirSenese 10 autoSet.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Larrs, the HDM Z1 machine is a CPAP, no BiPAP. It is a small machine that is very short on features and useful data. If you really want to up your game and get excellent treatment, the suggestion to get a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset is exactly what you need. The autoset can automatically adjust to provide the pressure you need, and it has exhale pressure relief that indeed operates like a bilevel giving up to 3-cm of pressure relief on exhale. While intended as a comfort feature, it has real therapy applications. You get a quiet machine with heated humidity and option for heated hose. It's going to feel like moving from a flea-bag to the Ritz Carlton.

Very good prices are available on Amazon for this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In the meantime, put the pressure on your machine up to 14, this should cover most events.
I do not know the machine you have so I can't comment on it.

Okay, I looked it up, that is a very nice travel machine with a handy battery.
This is a travel machine (It is designed for that in mind) that is a fixed pressure, it can't adjust by itself, it is a CPAP.
It does say it can be used every day, but it is fixed pressure, so I don't see how it could have adjusted by itself?
If you are ot feeling good, put up the pressure.
I would keep this machine for days when you are traveling where there is no mains power and get a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset for all other times.  It will be well worth it and it is quite a small unit as well, easy to travel with, but it does need mains or 24vDC.
I don't think you would regret forking out the cash for one.
But do keep the one you have at the moment, it is very handy for travel.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi larrs,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck getting your CPAP therapy back on track.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 125 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 177 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,546 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 330 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 467 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 293 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 1,031 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.