Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need advice with BiPAP, no OSCAR data yet
RE: Need advice with BiPAP, no OSCAR data yet
Weiss, the Vauto probably won't produce much lower results, however setting the Trigger to high or very high can help to lower the central apnea count. This makes the machine more sensitive to the end of expiration and beginning of inspiration. The triggering of pressure support (in your case 2-cm), can help someone to take a spontaneous breath.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need advice with BiPAP, no OSCAR data yet
I did try the Trigger High and slept horrible that night. But it could have been because I was forcing myself to sleep on my side. With the PAP I sleep better just on my back. Last night I slept really well. Think I only woke up maybe once.
VAuto
Max IPAP 8
Min EPAP 4
PS 1
Ti Max 2s, Ti Min 0.3s, Trigger Med, Cycle Med, Ramp Off, Hose 75f, humidity 3
MyAir: 6:56 hrs, 2.8 events/hr, pressure 7.2, exp pressure 6.2, leak 14L/min, Vt 440ml, RR 13, MV 6.0L/min, Ti 1.4s. I:E 1:2.2, Spont Cycl 95.5%, AHI 2.8, Total AHI 2.9, Central AI 2.7
I got my soft cervical colar in today, will try that tonight. Computer comes in tomorrow. I've had my SD card in the PAP since 2 nights ago.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 295 5 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 51 7 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 172 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 868 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 65 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.