Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need affordable Resmed ASV
RE: Need affordable Resmed ASV
I just checked the CL raleigh NC and they have f20 mask for $75 a new Aircurve 10 Vauto for $500. I am going to do some more checking.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2018, 09:58 PM)klv329 Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 08:19 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 06:58 PM)klv329 Wrote: $1,200 2017 Rested ASV zero hours on CL Raleigh, NC, including shipping....all depends on what is available.  That seller has been reliable for me.  Not sure how many are available.

Now that sounds like too much of a bargain.  It may be a valid offer, but from this distance it falls into the "too good to be true" category.

I just bought a 2017 Resmed ASV from him a week ago, and picked one last year, too.  Prices vary based upon supply.  Availability on these models varies.

How did that work out for you? I found another machine from the same seller at super low prices. What's the catch, really?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DeepBreathing, 
How about the new GST on buying good online from Oz? 
That will automatically added 10% on top of the purchase price, unless it is exempted because cpap is a medical device?
Look to hear feedback from members that bought cpap since 1 July 2018!
Post Reply Post Reply
If the goods are second hand then GST does not apply and I would imagine that it includes open box. To make sure you could ask the supplier to run it for a few hours. A customs declaration (stating used goods) from the supplier is all you need to avoid GST.
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP machines are specifically exempt from GST so there's no need to do tricks like running it or forging the declaration to make it "used". There will be a service fee from Customs which used to be $50 but I think it went up recently.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DeepBeathing,
I ordered a Dreamwear FFM from cheapcpapsupplies with AustPost Shopmate and the value is A$150. 
I have to declared the value and got charged gst of 10% plus delivery charge!
I hope an open box CPAP machine attract zero gst!

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that GST was applied in error. Go to https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/busi/duty...ortations) and scroll down to B124 under the medical appliances list. Exempt items include:
  • Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) appliances  B124
  • Respiratory appliance mask assemblies - complete  B125
  • Respiratory appliance mask assemblies - components  B126
  • Respiratory appliance accessories  B127
  • Sleep apnoea machines  B128
It's only 15 bucks but it would be worth challenging. I'd rather have 15 dollars in my pocket than Scott Morrison's. Obviously it would be a lot more for a machine so there shouldn't be any GST and be prepared to challenge it they try to charge it.

By the way, please re-read the rules about commercial links in posts.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking for affordable apap machine (newbie) curiousbetsy69 13 2,089 04-26-2021, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Affordable recording oximeter eviltim 27 8,704 11-24-2015, 12:29 PM
Last Post: eviltim
  Affordable Battery Pack for CPAP/BIPAP kfujioka 5 4,264 10-08-2014, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Doc J

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.