Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need affordable Resmed ASV
Need affordable Resmed ASV
Hi all,

It's looking like I might need an ASV machine. My doctor sells the new Resmed ones for about $4500 apparently - is that a fair price? Any cheaper options (brand new only)?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need affordable Resmed ASV
$2699 from vendor Sistemma on Amazon for the AirCurve 10 VPAP ASV with HumidAir and ClimateLineAir Heated Tube model 37215. Search for Sistemma on Amazon or call 425-505-3065.

The same price for one from a Washington Distributor called Seattle CPAP at 206-370-2142 (PM me for the name of the owner).425-505-3065
Supplier #2 (SecondWindCPAP) has a "gently used" Aircurve 10 ASV for $1795 and new for $2195. Follow link for Supplier #2 and give them a call.
Hope this helps, and I'll keep an eye out for other deals.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The going rate in Oz is about $3800 - $4000 from various online sellers. $4.5k is definitely on the high side, though you need to enquire what is included in that price (eg does it include the mask).

The current "official" exchange rate is about AU$1.00 ~US$0.80, meaning you'd get a real-life rate of about 0.75. This makes the Amazon price SleepRider gave equal to AU$3,600. Add to that freight and customs handling fees and there isn't a lot of difference. The Supplier #2 price comes out at ~AU$2,900 which is much better value (and a "proper" retailer). The big issue is that Resmed Australia will not honour the warranty on a machine bought from outside the country, even if it is made in Australia. So if something does go wrong, you will have to send the machine back to the states to be fixed.

On a slightly different tack, I have a problem with doctors selling these machines - it's a clear conflict of interest.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just want to add to Deepbreathing's comments that Supplier #2 has honored warranties on these machines to individuals in Australia. I can recall one instance where a "gently used" Airsense 10 developed a noisy motor, and was replace twice by Supplier #2, the second time was with a new machine. This record of service should not be overlooked. It was inconvenient, but it worked out for the buyer, and the seller upheld a high reputation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
$1,200 2017 Rested ASV zero hours on CL Raleigh, NC, including shipping....all depends on what is available. That seller has been reliable for me. Not sure how many are available.
Post Reply Post Reply
good deal on that Raligh Craigslist ad Phone number is (919) 408-9174. Unknown if this vendor ships overseas.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2018, 06:58 PM)klv329 Wrote: $1,200 2017 Rested ASV zero hours on CL Raleigh, NC, including shipping....all depends on what is available.  That seller has been reliable for me.  Not sure how many are available.

Now that sounds like too much of a bargain. It may be a valid offer, but from this distance it falls into the "too good to be true" category.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually that is the price of a Resmed Aircurve 10ST model 37306 on Amazon. The company selling it it located in N.C. (I think)
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2018, 08:19 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 06:58 PM)klv329 Wrote: $1,200 2017 Rested ASV zero hours on CL Raleigh, NC, including shipping....all depends on what is available.  That seller has been reliable for me.  Not sure how many are available.

Now that sounds like too much of a bargain.  It may be a valid offer, but from this distance it falls into the "too good to be true" category.

I just bought a 2017 Resmed ASV from him a week ago, and picked one last year, too.  Prices vary based upon supply.  Availability on these models varies.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2018, 08:04 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: good deal on that Raligh Craigslist ad  Phone number is (919) 408-9174.  Unknown if this vendor ships overseas.

Phil says he has another ASV10 at $1,200, price includes delivery.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking for affordable apap machine (newbie) curiousbetsy69 13 2,044 04-26-2021, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Affordable recording oximeter eviltim 27 8,659 11-24-2015, 12:29 PM
Last Post: eviltim
  Affordable Battery Pack for CPAP/BIPAP kfujioka 5 4,242 10-08-2014, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Doc J

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.