Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Phillips Dreamstation II or Resmed Airsense Auto 11
Phillips Dreamstation II or Resmed Airsense Auto 11
Through a strange set of circumstances I now have a new Dreamstation 2 and a Resmed Airsense 11 Auto, both at no cost to me. Phillips sent me the DS2 to replace my recalled DS1. I had a heart attack and triple bypass earlier this year and reached my out of pocket max with insurance so I figured I would ask for a new machine and they said the would send me a Resmed Airsense 10. To my surprise they send an Airsense 11. Both came in the same week and I have not used either yet.

Loved my original DS once I found the Dreamwear mask and can't sleep without CPAP. I've seen a lot of negative comments about the DS2 and some I agree with without even using it. Like the way the humidifier gets filled seems like a pain in the ass compared to the way it is now. Plus changing the way the hose attaches, now without the swivel.

Some things I think are cool on the Airsense 11 like the touch screen. But not a fan of their one stage porous air filter. Doesn't look like it will stop a lot from going in the machine.

I am no expert on these things. I know I liked my DS1 but look forward to having a new unit.

So what do you all think? Which one should I use? I think my wife will eventually get the other one. She doesn't use one now and is undiagnosed, but I think she needs one. 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Phillips Dreamstation II or Resmed Airsense Auto 11
resmed 11 is better than ds2, but if you are more sensitive to pressure changes then i would recommend ds2 but resmed 11 has a for her algorithm which makes pressure changes less
Post Reply Post Reply
pwgphoto,

Have you considered trying both for a week?  See which one works better for you.  You would need two SD cards (one for each machine), then compare the data in OSCAR.
I have only used resmed so I can't give you an honest opinion on the PR, other than what I have read here.  Some users here prefer PR while many others prefer resmed.

The data will give you a good idea of which one works better for you, but how you feel after a night of therapy (tired or rested) is just as important.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So nice that you have a choice on machines to select! I would test out both to compare.

I have a DS2 that I received from the recall. It is going well with my therapy and reading others threads from this forum is great way to improve your therapy.

I do find I have a-lot of flow limits with the DS2, more than the DS1. So I am using a higher minimum to address that issue than I did with the DS1. I also only can use the flex setting of 2, ( flex 3 isn’t good) which isn’t a true EPR (as Resmed machines) more of a comfort setting.

I read that the PR machine is slower to address flow limits than Resmed machines, which seems to be the case.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used an airsense10 and my DS1 and ended up really liking my DS1 so I sent back the S10... I have read things about the DS2, but honestly I would just try them both and see which one you prefer..
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Phaleronic  Re filtration, ResMed also makes hypoallergenic filters for the A11.  Also, the less expensive replacement "AirSense 11-type filters" that my DME provided are multi-layer like the ResMed hypoallergenic ones.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone. I will probably just try them both and see.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 18 345 2 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,715 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 69 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,593 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.