Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need cheap <$50 O2 recorder
Need cheap <$50 O2 recorder
OK,  I used a cheap Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor a few years back ($30) can't find it anymore. At that time I used the sleep software that has now be replaced with Oscar?

I spent an hour or so searching amazon, and some of the devices have no support, require a subscription to transfer data, provide raw data with no timestamps etc.

What is needed is a cheap Ox sensor or perhaps one with a BP wrist sensor combo that's $30-$50 that records for 10-12 hours, has clear instructions and is easily compatible with Oscar. This is for the millions of people who don't have health insurance (I have Kaiser)  and don't want to fight for or spend a lot of money to check to see how well they are doing at night

I'd like to check this once a month or so. No insurance is going to pay for that especially if you get tested and its OK. But having a cheap and easy way is important. I'm not saying this should be in the place of a full test etc. But if I see something that's off on consecutive nights with my $30 device and I can press my doctor or buy something more expensive that will help convince my doctor etc.   Also, I had heart surgery last year and really want to keep on top of my health (get lots of tests 1-2 times a year as part of checkups)

Any advice, if this already somewhere in the forum?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Tom
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Need cheap <50 O2 recorder
To be more clear I need a list of <$50 devices, I'm not looking for something used etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need cheap <50 O2 recorder
For example:

Walmart  $31
CONTEC
24 Hour Recorder Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen Monitor with PC Software
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need cheap <$50 O2 recorder
tomlaheyh,
We do not sell oximeters or any products here on Apnea Board, but can refer you to a supplier that does.

You can check Supplier #19 from our supplier list at the top of page.  

To meet your demand for a new overnight recording oximeter for under $50.00 may be tough.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

OSCAR Chart Organization

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Hi,
There is thread here"Oximeter?"...plenty of discussions on this.
GL
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

I checked out all the links on the supplier list, they are not what I am looking for.

Is there anything in this forum that answers the question\problem of: I want to self check my sleep with simple inexpensive devices & software to see if I should take the next steps, what should I do etc.

Thanks
Tom
Post Reply Post Reply
If wishes were horses...

The least expensive recording oximeter (that I know of) is the Contec CMS50D+. It clips on a finger, but not very securely. It's instructions are, at best, obscure, and it's software appears to date from Windows 3.1.

The next step up is the Contec CMS50F, a wrist-worn unit which is as bulky as the most expensive Rolex, although not as flashy. It uses the same software as the 50D+, and the instructions aren't much better.

Both those can be used with OSCAR.

If you can find an oximeter that meets all your requirements, please let us know. FDA certification would be a plus, of course, although you didn't mention it.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I am looking for the Oximeter thread, that was suggested, but I cant find it???

So, here's another hour I've spent trying to work this out and really... hope that I can get a link that covers this so I don't reinvent the wheel (and all of this is new to me).

There seem to be 3 or 4 companies that make finger sensors for the public. It also looks like finger is the best method for getting the results, so that helps narrow it down.

Starting with CMS devices made by CONTEX

I think these are the ones that can record, but I need to review and note which ones are real-time wireless vs cable FDA etc. (they are all current per the CONTEX website)
(sorry the forum won't let me post the link....)

CMS50H Pulse Oximeter, CMS50D+ Pulse Oximeter, CMS50D-BT Pulse Oximeter, CMS50E-BT Pulse Oximeter, CMS50E Pulse Oximeter, CMS50EW Pulse Oximeter

So I need to make sure these are the only recording devices from CONTEX (again for general public) and compare features & prices and if they work with OSCAR (really would love to find a current review). I no one can help me I'll get this done by next week and move to the next company.

Tom
Post Reply Post Reply
Try searching the Product Reviews Forum.

Also, use the search feature at top of page: Type “oximeters”.
Many threads will pop up with discussions on oximeters.

Supplier #19 is a good source for oximeters.

There’s always Google search.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

OSCAR Chart Organization

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, it seems like its very hard to post links charts, pictures etc. on this forum so, I'll do my best and at some point move this to a new topic

I'm still working a a complete list by brand, but wanted to share results by drug store

CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Kroger dont sell any that record

Walmart sells a good number and Amazon with their complex search and ads everywhere and sometimes misleading filters is going to take 3-4 hours I think...

Several items are re-branded under different names but these are the brands that Walmart carries that have some level of recording (8 or more hours). There are a total of 11 items they carry that record. That's why some brands are repeated. They run $25.00 - $99.00, although some of the low end items have 8 hours of data, but I'm not sure you can upload it, just view a chart on the device.

Wolverine
FaceLake
CONTEC
FaceLake
EBP Medical
Veridian
CONTEC
CONTEC
Unbrand (MILLENNIUM TALES-INC)
CABINA HOME
TOPCHANCES
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea Life on the Cheap SuperSleeper 5 3,052 01-17-2013, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Ugly
Cool Free or Cheap fun on $5 or less SuperSleeper 3 2,480 02-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.