Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need cheap <$50 O2 recorder
RE: Need cheap <$50 O2 recorder
Your best bet is with the Contec brand.

If you would download OSCAR, there is a list and complete information under the Oximetry Wizard section.

Listed Compatible Oximeters that work with OSCAR:

Contec:
CMS50D+
CMS50E
CMS50F
CMS50I

Pulox:
PO-200
PO-300
PO-400

ChoiceMMed MD300W1 Oximeter .dat files

Most of the above come with their own CD or software and can be used independently.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

OSCAR Chart Organization

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Thanks so much for the additional info. 

I think I will end up with a CONTEC, but I really want a really good reference document when I'm done. I have a few friends and some contacts from a facebook medical group (I had heart surgery last year) who also want this info.  I will download the software sometime this week, thanks for the tip. Software is part of my discovery, and I know there are some issues and it will take time. For example Oscar does not work with people who sleep past noon, you have to go back to an older version of Sleepyhead etc.  Some of the CONTEC devices not on the supported list work with another CONTEC driver (per some posts).

I also called supplier 19 last week and had a good conversation about Oximeters, although they didn't have a full list either.

Everything in life takes more time than you think. I'm making a little progress each week, and hope to have all the devices (costs\features\FDA\OSCAR compatibility) done by the end of the month and move into software and fitness trackers. Obviously, I can't buy all the devices so, I'll have to read posts and reviews to try and get a feel for pro's and con's. I might buy 2 or 3 if they're cheap enough.  It might take me 2-3 months to finish (a few hours a week), but I'm not rushing and I've stopped spending any time finding a comprehensive review because it seems no one has done this.

Also, I realize that Nov\Dec (holiday time) there might be a few new items, so I'll watch for news\posts etc.

Thanks again and have a great day.
Tom
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like you have what will be a good wiki article.  If you don't write one yourself I would like to at least capture your data and make a stab at it though because of your dedicated interest you would be a better author than I would be.

As you may guess from my signature I have a decided interest in OSCAR and how oximetry ties into apnea.

FYI, one of OSCAR's capabilities is to track and log oximetry results independent of any CPAP data.  As such it shouldn't have the sleep past noon issue that ResMed has   anyway we could always use a programmer that would like to advance OSCAR's oximeter capabilities so if you could keep your eyes and ears open that would be appreciated.
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea Life on the Cheap SuperSleeper 5 3,052 01-17-2013, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Ugly
Cool Free or Cheap fun on $5 or less SuperSleeper 3 2,478 02-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.