Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need for humidifier?
(07-14-2013, 02:30 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: When I left Dallas, the plane was full to its proverbial gills. They loaded people by zones vs seat. Anyone with Zone 5 on their ticket HAD to check in their bags at the gate.

Was it US Airways by any chance? They've done to that me on several occasions now but I've never had to check in my carry-on with other airlines. USAir always seems to overbook flights and then wastes time trying to get volunteers to give up their seats.
Post Reply Post Reply
Before you leave the humidifier at home, try your machine without the humidifier attached. Without the humidifier, the machine might be a lot noisier. Noisier than you can tolerate. This is the case with my PRS1 Series 60 auto-bipap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup, it was USAirways. One of the reasons I will only fly 1st class. The savings from number of bags and the weight limit more than pays for the extra cost, at least with the non-refundable ticket.

Anyway, check out the wiki page on traveling with CPAP.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._with_CPAP
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

I use mine at home without the humidifier during the summer, but in the winter I usually have to have it on when the cool dry air comes in. I was recently in the hospital for about 8 days, and the air in there is extremely dry. I had to get some water in the tank then. I guess it just depends on your environment. I don't think you can do any harm without it (other than being uncomfortably dry).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  dreamstation humidifier and hose leak jacob.fullmer 3 205 08-11-2017, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  dreamstation humidifier seals mjp1976 6 200 08-01-2017, 05:47 PM
Last Post: mjp1976
  Thoughts on a travel specified machine vs packing up my S9 (witout humidifier)? jason26 7 208 07-31-2017, 11:14 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Question S9 humidifier issue Bradsky 7 146 07-31-2017, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Bradsky
  Anyone pre heat ttheir humidifier water before use? CPAPreturnee 8 400 07-17-2017, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Gary1of2
  drying humidifier amd tubes SleepyBee 7 319 06-28-2017, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Resmed S10 water leak from humidifier darren79 37 14,194 06-25-2017, 10:18 PM
Last Post: CB91710