Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help Aircurve 10 AutoASV Settings/Insights
RE: Need help Aircurve 10 AutoASV Settings/Insights
(11-16-2023, 09:49 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The video did not stay on you during the period ahead of the recovery breath. I heard a respiratory "squeaking" that sounds obstructive, and a recovery breath. You do appear to have a corner of your pillow between the shoulder and jaw, which is a good technique to avoid chin-tucking.
I found my SD reader YAY! Anyways here are some snapshots as asked of my Flow charts in the close range, also i have a Standard waveform of my sleep.

I hope you can spot something here. BTW i use the Full face Setting, even tho i use A nasal pillow mask. I don't know which affect this has, but Full Face setting feels more comfortable?

I have tried with the Pillows setting.

Please help! as my days are really inconsistent, and i can barely get through work.

Maybe just anyone can help me here? I still have hope in this therapy!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
When posting charts with ASV it is helpful to show the mask pressure chart below the flow rate. The last chart starting at 01:39 is normal respiration with a breath-rate of 17 breaths per minute (bpm) and appears to be unassisted by pressure support. IPAP and EPAP are both near the minimum settings. In the second graph, at 06:12 all three UA events are preceeded by a inspiration and no expiration. We see a inspiration peak and flow goes to zero. The absence of expiration seems common in several shorter unflagged events in this chart. Your pressure rises to near 25/12 during this event, so there is plenty of pressure support to resolve any central issues and EPAP pressure should have resolved most obstruction except positional. The first chart at 02:29 starts with somewhat chaotic respiration volume and rate and turns into the inspiration breath-holds. I think where problems are apparent in these charts, they mostly look positional/obstructive to me.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2023, 02:53 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: When posting charts with ASV it is helpful to show the mask pressure chart below the flow rate. The last chart starting at 01:39 is normal respiration with a breath-rate of 17 breaths per minute (bpm) and appears to be unassisted by pressure support.  IPAP and EPAP are both near the minimum settings. In the second graph, at 06:12 all three UA events are preceeded by a inspiration and no expiration. We see a inspiration peak and flow goes to zero. The absence of expiration seems common in several shorter unflagged events in this chart.  Your pressure rises to near 25/12 during this event, so there is plenty of pressure support to resolve any central issues and EPAP pressure should have resolved most obstruction except positional.  The first chart at 02:29 starts with somewhat chaotic respiration volume and rate and turns into the inspiration breath-holds. I think where problems are apparent in these charts, they mostly look positional/obstructive to me.

Thanks for the super detailed explainton! What settings would you recommend me to put the machine at, and what type of position, pillow, collar should I use? 

I have all at my desporsal (spelled?) 

I just wanna sleep right,  im curious if losing weight would help me in my positional apnea since my bmi is 30. 176 cm tall 5'9-10" and weighting at 93 kg.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're considering a soft cervical collar (SCC), it is a process of trial and error. There are some good reviews in the Reviews forum and some are linked in the soft cervical collar wiki. You want something that supports the jaw without putting pressure on the soft tissue behind the chin along the throat. By supporting the jaw, you will feel a pressure that helps keep your jaw closed to prevent leaks, and in addition to preventing chin tucking and maintaining head and neck alignment, it tends to push your jaw forward which also creates more airway space. Weight can affect your airway as a larger neck size may amplify the problems of a good head and neck alignment. If the collar you get works, you will know it within a day or two. The right one makes a big difference, the wrong one can make you miserable. I use a medium fill down pillow. Not too tall and flexible enough to change height and keep my "chin-up". I don't use a collar, and if you can get away without it, that's great. People that use a collar learn a better head and neck position and sometimes can maintain that without the collar. There are so many different stories out there, but it is something that has proven effectiveness, even in those with severe clusters of apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
May I ask a dumb question?

Your signature line says pillows but you machine is set to full face?  Which is it?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,502 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,354 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.