Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help Aircurve 10 AutoASV Settings/Insights
RE: Need help Aircurve 10 AutoASV Settings/Insights
Hi SleepRider

I tried with the last suggested settings, and actually got my Highest AHI ever with the ASVauto  Rolleyes

I think i need the high presure to stop these events i get i assume. 

the thing is my scores are so inconsistent, and same thing happened on the CPAP machine i used before, i don't know which sick illness i have to make me have these random events.

i'm seriously out of ideas by now and its really frustrating and saddening Sad

These are my scores from when i first got the machine, till now.

I've considered trying to sleep in another bed to see if it has a change aswell at this point.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Same problem with breath holds ahead of events. This essentially creates a situation where the ASV pressure support cannot induce a breath. There are no settings to prevent you from doing this, so I'm at a bit of a loss as well. Feel free to restore previous settings, but I don't think the settings had anything to do with this as your EPAP pressure is at 8 during the events and it really doesn't matter what PS is until you release the inhaled breath.

Just a thought, but if a few drinks before sleep resolves this, there may also be a legitimate medical approach to help you relax and not breath-hold.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2022, 07:14 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Same problem with breath holds ahead of events. This essentially creates a situation where the ASV pressure support cannot induce a breath.  There are no settings to prevent you from doing this, so I'm at a bit of a loss as well.  Feel free to restore previous settings, but I don't think the settings had anything to do with this as your EPAP pressure is at 8 during the events and it really doesn't matter what PS is until you release the inhaled breath.

Just a thought, but if a few drinks before sleep resolves this, there may also be a legitimate medical approach to help you relax and not breath-hold.

Hi Sleeprider

Sorry for awakening a year old thread, but i still havent found a solution for my problem. Could this maybe be Palatal Prolapse? With the breath holds?

Or some other form of obstruktion inside me while i sleep? I Seem to have a hard time exhaling but i can easily inhale?

If anybody has some insight i would love to know. Right now life feels like im in Chains, and i can barely live properly.
Post Reply Post Reply
It might help to look at an updated chart. Palatal prolapse has a characteristic abrupt termination to expiration, and I didn't see it in the old threads. No doubt you are experiencing frequent sleep disruptions and arousals. We don't know if this comes from movements in sleep, or if they even have a respiratory origin. Your events are more obstructive than central in that even the ASV pressure support cannot trigger a breath during the breath-holds. Events in the old charts occur in clusters, so perhaps they are sleep-stage related?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2023, 09:29 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: It might help to look at an updated chart. Palatal prolapse has a characteristic abrupt termination to expiration, and I didn't see it in the old threads.  No doubt you are experiencing frequent sleep disruptions and arousals. We don't know if this comes from movements in sleep, or if they even have a respiratory origin. Your events are more obstructive than central in that even the ASV pressure support cannot trigger a breath during the breath-holds. Events in the old charts occur in clusters, so perhaps they are sleep-stage related?

Hi Sleeprider, thanks for reaching out!

Alright, i'm also just guessing at the moment, because i have seriously no idea what to do anymore, i feel like i've tried everything in the book.

I've tried different pressures on the machine - high and low. I have tried Collars, sleeping on incline, trying to stay on my side sleeping with a sewed tennis ball to my t-shirt. i have tried mouthtaping, several different masks, 2 different machines, i can go on...

I've noticed, on some of the films my girlfriend have filmed of me sleeping, that i ALWAYS have a hard time exhaling out my breath, like its blocked. I don't know if im allowed to post videoes of me sleeping on here, but i wonder if it could help investigate the issue, as i'm completely drained as a young man (only 29 years old)

Is there anything specific i can show in the charts, what exactly are we looking for? My flow rate, to see how the breath works during my events?
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow rate charts at a resolution of 3-4 minutes may be most helpful. It sounds like you have use video to see what physically happens during these events. You are welcome to post or link video or images of yourself if your comfortable with that. Is this problem exclusively at night while asleep or do you also experience expiratory resistance in waking hours? Do you feel panic during these events or do these cause a sudden rush of adrenalin and a waking arousal, or do you sleep through them? When you experience breath-holds or difficulty exhaling, can you forcefully blow past the obstruction? Can you identify where the obstruction is focused or is it more like a paralysis?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2023, 10:05 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Flow rate charts at a resolution of 3-4 minutes may be most helpful.  It sounds like you have use video to see what physically happens during these events. You are welcome to post or link video or images of yourself if your comfortable with that.  Is this problem exclusively at night while asleep or do you also experience expiratory resistance in waking hours?  Do you feel panic during these events or do these cause a sudden rush of adrenalin and a waking arousal, or do you sleep through them? When you experience breath-holds or difficulty exhaling, can you forcefully blow past the obstruction? Can you identify where the obstruction is focused or is it more like a paralysis?

Hi Sleeprider, sorry for the slow reply, life got in the way!

I'm looking for my adapter to the SD card, but i assume i have time to find it today, i found a 2 month old Chart instead, maybe it can help, just not zoomed in.

I've also uploaded a video of me sleeping while holding my breath NOTE: This is without my ASV machine, to fully hear the breaths. I still do the same kind of breath holds with the machine. (I've been told). And i assume so, since i still wake up completely tired and unrefreshed. I also do the same breath holds, if not more, when lying on my back. My girlfriend always wakes me up when im laying on my back.

Link to Sleeping video: https://youtu.be/fGIjMVFH-og?feature=shared

Answering your questions
1: I only notice this as night, and never while being awake.
2: I do sometimes wakeup from panic if not using my ASV. Sudden rush of adrenalin is a good term.
3: i'm not sure.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I see a tendency for events to cluster which suggests positional obstruction. Read the wiki and see if adjustments help. All of your charts include the monthly calendar. It would help if you minimized that by clicking the triangle in the date line.

Life gets in the way. That's life and you can take whatever time you need.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2023, 09:00 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I see a tendency for events to cluster which suggests positional obstruction.  Read the wiki and see if adjustments help.  All of your charts include the monthly calendar. It would help if you minimized that by clicking the triangle in the date line.

Life gets in the way. That's life and you can take whatever time you need.

Did you see the video i attached with youtube?  Would that be a positional issue?

I'll look into showing some charts with my latests settings + noting that i am now using a really flat pillow, and Nasal Pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
The video did not stay on you during the period ahead of the recovery breath. I heard a respiratory "squeaking" that sounds obstructive, and a recovery breath. You do appear to have a corner of your pillow between the shoulder and jaw, which is a good technique to avoid chin-tucking.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 6 136 7 hours ago
Last Post: aubreyjs
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 45 8 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 112 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 1,001 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 163 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 701 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 225 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.