Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help OSCAR interpretation
Need help OSCAR interpretation
Hello everyone,

I am a healthy 21 M diagnosed with mild sleep apnea. I have attached my results for some help analysing my data, any comments are greatly appreciated. I have been experiencing fatigue, tiredness and bad sleep for about a year now.

A few things to note from this dataset:

1. Ignore before 22:00 and after 8:30 as I was not asleep during those times

2. Everytime the pressure restarts from 5 represents me getting up to pee minus 2 times where I had to drink water.

3. All the large leaks are a result of me adjusting the mask after turning the machine back on.

4. My "best sleep" is usually between 23:00 to 4:30, and even then I remember all my dreams and the sleep does not feel deep and refreshing. During sunrise hours (after 4:30), I basically wake up frequently, have very light sleep and again remember all my dreams. 

Prior to research I looked at these results and was quite surprised as they looked quite good yet I don't feel good, except I did not know that "CA" or "Clear Airway" was not a good thing. If anyone has any tips, ideas or comments about these results please let me know, I'll take any advice if it helps me feel better again.

I wish everyone on this forum great health, and good luck with your sleep apnea.

Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help OSCAR interpretation
Ad 2) You have a constant leak due to a not perfectly adjusted mask (or the mask doesn't fit to your head). This results -- together with mouth berating -- in a dry mouth.

Ignore the CA for the moment; they should vanish within 2 weeks. If not, there's a plan B.

I suggest to set the machine's respond to "soft" which makes the machine act less "aggressively".

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help OSCAR interpretation
I'll suggest a min pressure of 7 to better manage your flow limits and thus minimize pressure changes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
Smile How is my OSCAR data looking? Help with interpretation deirdrepen 3 228 02-29-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Inconsistent sleep - OSCAR interpretation dadjackets 2 267 02-21-2024, 11:58 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 687 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [CPAP] Help with data interpretation and pressure settings Strange54 3 363 01-25-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Need help with flow limitation interpretation Clementine39 6 446 01-14-2024, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.