Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help adjusting pressure
Need help adjusting pressure
[attachment=7123]Hi, could someone give me some advice on adjusting pressures to get below 5. My AHI has been slowly creeping upwards and is now in the high single digits.  I have attached a copy of my Sleepyhead chart on a typical night (if there is such a thing) Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help adjusting pressure
You might try using a soft cervical collar. It appears that you might be dropping your chin and cutting off your windpipe. You have clusters of obstructive events and that is often a sign of a positional problem with the chin.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2018, 02:46 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: You might try using a soft cervical collar. It appears that you might be dropping your chin and cutting off your windpipe. You have clusters of obstructive events and that is often a sign of a positional problem with the chin.

Thanks but I already use a FFM and don't seem to have any leakage.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wasn't talking about leaks I was talking about your chin dropping down and cutting off your windpipe. That's what might be causing the cluster of events.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 301 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  Need help adjusting settings cokepi 1 130 03-08-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 237 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,639 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Need help adjusting interpreting Oscar Data - 10 Aircurve Vauto mrwell 4 438 12-02-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: mrwell
  Tips for adjusting chin strap? TiredTom111 8 1,234 09-10-2023, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Bluesv6
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.