Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help adjusting pressure
RE: Need help adjusting pressure
Even though you have bought it OS, the respiratorist will titrate you on it and set it up with a sleep study. My last sleep study titrated my ASV, that I got OS. ( it's a long story that resulted in no changes and the respiratorist saying 0.0 is great, the sleep architecture was normal. He said he had a sleep study and has AHI 3)

Ok so you had the elite before and used EPR. what was the cpap pressure?
There could be a few things happening, one is the elite was under treating and you are using more pressure with the auto settings. This will feel like you are being blasted with air for the first week and may induce some pressure induced clear airway CA, that will settle within 12 weeks for most people.
Or the basic default settings on the Vauto need adjusting for you.

Go to the link at the top of the page and get the clinical manual for your machine.
this is how to get into set up
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsens...setup-info
select vauto or auto mode. I don't have the manual, does it have 3?. cpap, S, auto, modes
set min epap to 5 max 9 for now.
PS:1
Ti max 3 min 0.3 That basically turns it off.
rise time 300ms
trigger medium
cycle medium.

this titration guide will also be a help
https://www.scribd.com/document/35340282...-Titration
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, this has been a busy place since I last posted. I'm more or less in-line with ajack on this, but I'm going to go back to my recommendation of EPR 2 with APAP 6-10. Same idea. I think you may need the pressure relief and to avoid higher pressures. I think we're on the same page. Either way, it will give us some new information because the flat pressure without EPR is certainly not doing you any favors.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2018, 08:35 PM)ajack Wrote: Even though you have bought it OS, the respiratorist will titrate you on it and set it up with a sleep study. My last sleep study titrated my ASV, that I got OS. ( it's a long story that resulted in no changes and the respiratorist saying 0.0 is great, the sleep architecture was normal. He said he had a sleep study and has AHI 3)

Ok so you had the elite before and used EPR. what was the cpap pressure?
There could be a few things happening, one is the elite was under treating and you are using more pressure with the auto settings. This will feel like you are being blasted with air for the first week and may induce some pressure induced clear airway CA, that will settle within 12 weeks for most people.
Or the basic default settings on the Vauto need adjusting for you.

Go to the link at the top of the page and get the clinical manual for your machine.
this is how to get into set up
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsens...setup-info
select vauto or auto mode. I don't have the manual, does it have 3?.  cpap, S, auto, modes
set min epap to 5 max 9 for now.
PS:1
Ti max 3 min 0.3 That basically turns it off.
rise time 300ms
trigger medium
cycle medium.

this titration guide will also be a help
https://www.scribd.com/document/35340282...-Titration
I think you are assuming I have the ASV when I don't. I just have the Vauto aircurve. Also the reason why it feels different is the exhalation. I have tried all the 3 types of EPR settings as well off and on - and at different pressures, Airsense 10 sucks ass because the power is too much which is why I went with Vauto which was more tolerable it doesn't feel like true apap from the resmed auto sense 9 with humidifier. I get the feeling that moron who made the new machine wasn't sure what he was doing or the fact that I have been given a defective rented autosense 10 where the air just feel too much and very hard to exhale.
Post Reply Post Reply
That should be the settings you have in the vauto mode, sleeprider has a vauto, and can also talk you through the settings
So lets deal with the Vauto that you have. It will be better than the elite for now. If nothing else this will titrate your best fixed pressure for the elite, if you wish to go back to it.
What issues do you have with using Vauto on min epap4 max epap4, ps:4, just sitting on the bed awake? That will give you a good feel of how the machine changes between exhale and inhale pressure. the total pressure shouldn't feel too bad as it is 8 on inhale.

@sleeprider, Does the vauto cpap mode have EPR? the other vpap machines don't. I'm cool with ps2, 3, even 4, I'm just trying to gently get sleep therapy into the vauto feeling. Going by his last chart, I'm also cool with the s9 elite on the right pressure and EPR 1, 2 or 3. I think the problem was the month trial wasn't supported properly and the issues fixed for sleep therapy.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
The Aircurve 10 Vauto does not have EPR. Major settings are EPAP min, EPAP max, and PS. With all Aircurve 10 Vauto machines, we work from EPAP to resolve obstructive apnea, and add pressure support (PS) for hypopnea and flow limits. The only real difference between the Airsense 10 Autoset and Aircurve 10 Vauto is the amount of pressure support or EPR that is available. The mask pressure looks identical up to 3-cm, and the Aircurve is capable of greater differences between IPAP and EPAP. The Airsense 10 Autoset has several auto-algorithms that are not available on the Aircurve. The Aircurve allows for setting Ti min, Ti max, Trigger and Cycle which is not available on the Airsense.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2018, 10:07 PM)ajack Wrote: That should be the settings you have in the vauto mode, sleeprider has a vauto, and can also talk you through the settings
So lets deal with the Vauto that you have. It will be better than the elite for now. If nothing else this will titrate your best fixed pressure for the elite, if you wish to go back to it.
What issues do you have with using Vauto on min epap4 max epap4, ps:4, just sitting on the bed awake? That will give you a good feel of how the machine changes between exhale and inhale pressure. the total pressure shouldn't feel too bad as it is 8 on inhale.

@sleeprider, Does the vauto cpap mode have EPR? the other vpap machines don't. I'm cool with ps2, 3, even 4, I'm just trying to gently get sleep therapy into the vauto feeling. Going by his last chart, I'm also cool with the s9 elite on the right pressure and EPR 1, 2 or 3. I think the problem was the month trial wasn't supported properly and the issues fixed for sleep therapy.

The PS feature almost emulates the features of the APAP S9 but not that enough to make it exhale like the S9 Auto does. The EPR mode does exist but not on the VPAP mode but the CPAP mode. CPAP is absolutely useless. You are right, that I was being forced to buy certain items.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help adjusting settings cokepi 1 104 03-08-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 228 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,435 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Need help adjusting interpreting Oscar Data - 10 Aircurve Vauto mrwell 4 425 12-02-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: mrwell
  Tips for adjusting chin strap? TiredTom111 8 1,181 09-10-2023, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Bluesv6
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 901 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Auto-adjusting CPAP as replacement in Philips Recall Speusippus 1 573 08-14-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.