Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help and advice on Quality of sleep and AHI
Need help and advice on Quality of sleep and AHI
Hi,

I am a new member and have been diagnosed with sleep apnea from September 2016.

I am using Philips Dream Station Auto PAP with nasal mask and has provided detailed history as below, I am still feel that I am not getting good rest. This treatment has definitely helped me with my apnea but not fully, I am looking for help and pointers (for treatment options or machine setup) from experienced members. I was feeling better for 2-3 months but from last month I have started feeling not too well. I breath from month during sleep and do use chin strap. Note that I also tried full face mask Resmed F10 between March 8 and 13, 2017 and it did not help at all.

Thank you for your time and attention in advance. Please let me know if you need more information.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help and advice on Quality of sleep and AHI
Somehow the attachment did not get through, reattached.
Post Reply Post Reply
Image attached.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ravik, after 4 posts you will be able to post links and attachments. Just a few more replies here and you should be good to go. Meanwhile, if you can link to a site where you have the image hosted (see my signature for how to use Imgur), that will work if you just add a space in the link. Attachments are not very good to use here since their size is so limited. You end up deleting old ones to make room for new ones.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum. We should be able to help you but will need more information. I see you have sleepyhead. Please post some daily data. Seethe links below in my signature for how to organize and post the data. I also suggest you read the mask primer.  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer

Results of your sleep study would also be helpful.

You are using a nasal mask but say you breath through your mouth while sleeping. If you canot control leaks from your mouth your CPAP treatment will not be effective. The mask primer will provide you with guidance on control of mouth breathing.

You will need at least four posts in the forum to post data so just get on again to respond to this message and just a couple of more times to say Hi. Others will be along to welcome you and provide help.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I am not able to attach more images not sure why.
Post Reply Post Reply
As Sleeprider mentioned, you can post links after 4 posts. You should be good to go now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ravik,
Once the forum software allows you to send a screenshot, follow the tutorials provided.

You can leave the stats page out.
Copy the daily page, leave off the right sidebar, also leave off the pie chart and calendar.
This way more information will show.

Include the following graphs: events, flow rate, pressure, leak rate, snores.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for your prompt responses.

I was diagnosed with moderate apnea with AHI of 13-31 during sleep study. I did not do the titration study and was directly prescribed APAP wit 5-10 pressure and it did help right away. I had history of sinus issues and had sinus surgery in 2002 for polyp removal. Attached is image of one of SleepyHead daily data.

Attached image.
Post Reply Post Reply
try posting dailys without the pie chart. can see what is going on better

plus a couple from using the F10
All we can tell is you had the pressure changed and had higher AHI
could be mask fit, leaks, who knows without the daily
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,835 10 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 305 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.