Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help and advice on Quality of sleep and AHI
Unfortunately not that great for last night. Please see the screenshot from last night at min/max pressure=6.5. The CA events have gone up especially in the morning.

http://imgur.com/a/ougHX
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried other Flex settings?
Results are still improved over variable pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider,

I think this is still better than other days in past weeks.

I am not sure which flex setting, can you give details?

Thanks,
Post Reply Post Reply

You are currently using AFlex at a setting where there is about 1.7 cm of pressure relief between IPAP and EPAP. I would be interested in seeing you either turn off Cflex and AFlex or using a setting of 1. If what you're dealing with is central or complex apnea, a lower pressure difference between IPAP/EPAP may help. I believe those settings may be under Comfort settings, and depending on how you are setup can be accessed from the patient menu or the clinician menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
Flex setting is a comfort setting whereby the machine will decrease pressure when you are exhaling. It should be in your clinical settings. I would assume where you adjust your pressures. But I am not that familiar with your machine. Sleeprider might be able to be more specific.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure, I was using FLEX=3, I have changed it to 1 for tonight. Here is the CPAP screen menu.

http://imgur.com/a/xqsp5
Post Reply Post Reply

I believe you have two types of Flex settings. A-Flex and C-Flex. As Sleeprider suggested, I would change both settings to 1. Then get at least 3 days of data. Afterwards, if your CA data is still high, personally I would try turning one of them off. Again, I am not as familiar with your machine so I am not sure which one to suggest. But we can confirm that with Sleeprider after a few days of data with both Flex settings at 1.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider and Merillion,

I just did a test run with A-FLEX=1 and it is still giving me EPAP of 5 for IPAP=6.5. If reducing variability is the goal, should I turn A-FLEX off? Please see the 15 minutes test screenshot I just performed.

http://imgur.com/a/528cI
Post Reply Post Reply
I ran another test with A-FLEX off and it seems uncomfortable. I am going to try one more test with C-FLEX=1 and see if it is better but less variable.

Will keep you updated. If that does not work tonight I can test with C-FLEX/A-FLEX off.
Post Reply Post Reply

It is uncomfortable at the start, give it a couple of days. I'm still playing with my relief settings too.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP- Life or Death or just Quality of Life Mogy 14 461 10-14-2017, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Reznik
Question [Pressure] New CPAP user. Need some advice. streetwolf 56 1,468 10-13-2017, 09:00 AM
Last Post: streetwolf
  advice for mom of recently diagnosed teenager ColoradoMom 8 322 10-12-2017, 12:05 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Equipment] New CPAPer seeking advice on machine choice TimHodge 6 185 10-05-2017, 08:04 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  3 Nights in…Need Settings Advice bnephew 19 820 09-26-2017, 09:48 AM
Last Post: bnephew
  Need some advice- first week of CPAP Chicago 39 1,690 09-18-2017, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Make Leak Advice/Help JonnyCPAP 8 279 09-12-2017, 02:36 AM
Last Post: JonnyCPAP