Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help and advice on Quality of sleep and AHI
RE: Need help and advice on Quality of sleep and AHI
WOW!  Inspiring to read this progression   like  as I was told "AHI under 5 is treated".  Now I think 'pretty good' isn't good enough.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2017, 05:42 AM)ravik Wrote: Hello Sleeprider,

I think we together have found the sweet spot (AHI of 0.42). Here is what we did:

1) Start using F10 full face mask, to take care of mouth breathing
2) Increase fixed pressure to 8
3) Start using cervical collar

Please see the daily chart:

http://imgur.com/a/6ek3l

Thanks
Congrats! Not easy getting to where you are when everything comes together.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Sleeprider and QAL,

Thanks for helping me getting back on track. While changes suggested by Sleeprider drastically improved my therapy, there are some things I am still seeing on flow limitation and I cannot get any sleep after 6am. Still I am feeling lot better for last one+ week.

Can you please check these charts and let me know if anything else can be improved?

http://imgur.com/a/XMs2a

http://imgur.com/a/EcFJf
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm impressed that you have consistently controlled events with the odd settings that seem to be needed to get there. I didn't think you would get this far, but knew we could do better than where this started from. Your results are excellent, especially considering you need constant pressure without EPR or Flex. I think anyone on the forum would eventually feel pretty good with these results. I can't explain why your sleep clock is all done by 6:00 AM but we all have our issues like this. I think your good results will always be a bit of a balancing act, but it sure looks good now. Hopefully more time will give you the feeling of being even better rested.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Sleeprider,

Appreciate your thoughts.

I have not felt this rested in last few years. Thanks for your help. This last week has been the best.

Thanks

Well-done
Post Reply Post Reply
I really appreciate that things are working well for you. Your comments are the compensation for working to help members on this forum to get to a good place in their CPAP, BPAP or ASV therapy. I'm glad I could help, and the challenge is that everyone seems to be different...you more than most Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, you are pretty darn different, yourself. it is good to have such unique talent ready to help.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2017, 07:00 AM)ravik Wrote: Hello Sleeprider and QAL,

Thanks for helping me getting back on track. While changes suggested by Sleeprider drastically improved my therapy, there are some things I am still seeing on flow limitation and I cannot get any sleep after 6am. Still I am feeling lot better for last one+ week.

Can you please check these charts and let me know if anything else can be improved?

http://imgur.com/a/XMs2a

http://imgur.com/a/EcFJf

Congratulations ravik - impressive charts like
A lot of great people on this forum.  Glad you stuck with it!
I have similar problems and am still trying to just get my average AHI below 5.0.
Good luck and great sleep time....  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 280 1 hour ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 860 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,795 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 78 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 164 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.