Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help and advice on Quality of sleep and AHI
RE: Need help and advice on Quality of sleep and AHI
Hi Marillion and Sleeprider,

I have attached the results for the min/max pressure of 6.5. Interestingly the CA events did not go up and hypoapnea did go up. I still do not feel too good. The chart also looks confusing, not sure why is it showing pressure of 5.

http://imgur.com/a/AR1DV
Post Reply Post Reply
There is an obvious problem between your set pressure and what is recorded everywhere else. You may have been at a pressure of 5.0. If you want to try again, you can set it is APAP mode with the minimum and maximum pressure at 6.5. Assuming your pressure was fixed at 5.0 last night, it explains the hypopnea and a couple OA events. I expected CA events to be lower with fixed pressure, and of course at this low pressure, they just about disappeared.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just checked that CPAP menu Ez Start feature capped the pressure to 5. I am going to use APAP with min/max of 6.5 tonight. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if the Ez Start is going to cap you again.

my response above was not intended to minimize your "do not feel rested" status. I sincerely hope your guides here will be able to help with that.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would turn off EZ-Start
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi QAL,

I just tested it by using this setting and I do see pressure of 6.5 on the console. Previously the console was showing pressure of 5, I missed that last night as I cover my CPAP console (it is too bright). I think I will try this tonight. Hope I will get some sleep tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
fair is fair.  I got some 15 minute clips from you, so I owe you one.

[Image: cJcpwBp.png]

I believe this is the dream where I was a dog chasing a cat up a tree.  Ha Ha I nearly got 'em.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
So far so good, please see the screenshot from last night at min/max pressure=6.5.

http://imgur.com/a/y7jFc
Post Reply Post Reply
Ta-daa! like 

Hang with that for a while.  Looks like a nearly complete absence of CA and the best results we've seen from you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all, I am feeling much better today already. Fingers crossed!!! I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 15 263 59 minutes ago
Last Post: iamJB
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 857 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,790 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.